Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing every couple of seconds

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing every couple of seconds

@CrystalBennett  The biggest issue with Island Paradise is that the world itself is poorly made, specifically that there are routing errors all over the map.  Other features, like the fog and the resorts, can cause problems too, especially on lower-end computers, but that's more about the cumulative effect of all the issues together.  When a sim is stuck, i.e. it can't properly route to its destination, the game tries to unstick it, but that's not always possible on the IP map.  So the game engine can overstress itself, causing lag, freezing, and even crashes while frantically recalculating routes over and over again, especially if several sims are stuck at the same time.

If you remove all the sims from a world, there won't be any left to get stuck.  But an easier solution is to use a fixed version of Isla Paradiso.  A player named ciane repaired the world herself and has offered her work to anyone who wants it.  You can download her fixed version of IP, or copy her edits into your own game.  She documented all the problems that she fixed and linked the downloads in this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 11 (918 Views)