Sims 3 Horse Glitch

by carebear_country

Original Post

Sims 3 Horse Glitch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
All of the horses in my game have a weird blanket glitch. Whenever they're untacked (even in the coat customization or body customization) a blanket that looks like a giant saddle appears on them. Is there any way I can get rid of this?
Edit: I attached a picture, this is happening with both custom content and the horses in the game.
Message 1 of 7 (3,000 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Horse Glitch

Hero

Could you post a picture ?

Are you using custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,979 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem, I tried changing the saddle, uninstalling all my custom content, everything! Nothing worked! I tried to find help and I couldn't find anything addressing how to fix this. Please help!

Message 3 of 7 (2,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's not cc. Have you ever downloaded something from the exchange? I downloaded some horses and coat colors, and from that day, I have had this glitch. I make my horse clothing options for leading, halter and nothing on its back. It works, but when my sims brush the horse, they change my horse to its naked skin, which has a blanket and I can't change it. I just make them lead my horse after and its fine again. So ya, its not cc. Sadly, it always shows up in  horse coat advanced mode, which makes it super hard to edit and create a nice horse coat, but I got used to it and exit and enter advanced mode at least 7 times when making a coat.

Message 4 of 7 (2,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah same here about the exchange. Which is sad cause I love the horses there. Frown
Message 5 of 7 (2,645 Views)

★ Novice

Go to game's pitch and the "downloaded content", then try to delete all the blankets

Message 6 of 7 (2,564 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this same issue. When you download a horse from the exchange it will sometimes come with a blanket that will conflict with another blanket. Open your launcher, go to installed items, all items tab, let it load and patiently look through all of it, you will find maybe more than one horse blanket, usually marked CAS on the very right hand panel. Delete all blankets that you find. Here is a thread on the sims forum I started about the issue too.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/879829/horse-blanket-issue  copy and paste into your browser.

Once they get into your system they are hard as heck to get out. I dislike it very much. Good luck.

Message 7 of 7 (2,240 Views)