Re: Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

by shinnyuu

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My problem wasn't the disc that wouldn't work.

I bought the disc, it installed perfectly, but recently, because I have other (older) expansions and the discs were getting weary, I switched to playing via Origin.

So all my downloads wouldn't install properly.

Here's the solution to it and it's super simple:

You just go to your account on the Sims3 website and go to your purchases and then you just download the * again from scratch.

It just needs a new download I guess.

Then it works! :D

Message 21 of 23 (759 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem. Every time I go into the launcher it asks for a code, and the bundle didn't come with a code so I'm trying to look up the code, but everyone is telling me to go to a website and none of them tell me anything. PLEASE HELP I'm desperate.

Message 22 of 23 (738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay so I’m not sure if you had the exact problem as me but I’ll attempt to explain what I had to do to install monte vista. I’ll start by saying for some reason EA uses several methods to download different stuff. Some worlds use sim points some use direct payment. Both has different paths to get that content added to your game.

1. 1st I purchased it on the Origins Website (log in, searched, buy now)
2. Then you go to the EA account webpage (make sure your using the same account that’s the same as to your origin account, that’s connected to your SIMs 3 account). You can see if they all match up if you scroll down on the EA account information page.
3. One you are on the EA account page go to purchase history. There you should see a list of recent purchases.
4. Click the + next to the purchase to see the redemption code.
5. Now go back to the SIMS 3 website and go to the My Store Account under the Store tab. Click Redeem a code and enter the code.
6. Of course now that you’ve redeemed the code downloading it required you to go to Purchase History (link is on the left)
7. There you should be able to see monte vista.
8. Click, download
9. Go to the sims launcher, click downloads
10. Check monte vista and click install.
11. It should appear in the list of world when you start a new game.

I don’t know if that helps but maybe there’s a step somewhere that can help you figure out what went wrong.
Message 23 of 23 (568 Views)