Re: Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue getting this World Bundle I bought to work properly. I spoke with 4 maybe 5 different EA representatives and I got a little of my problem solved but not all. At first I was having trouble getting any and all store content to install. I had downloaded it all but every time I tried installing it via the launcher, it would show up as installed until I started the game. Then it was somehow missing from the Installed Content from the launcher. I tried installing it in-game via the downloads dashboard but nothing could be found even though it would say it was installed. After reading a few forums from mostly Mac users like myself I noticed that this only seems to be an issue with Macs. I deleted some cache files and uninstalled all of my expansions, stuff packs and the base game itself and tried rebooting my computer. Eventually after all the different things I tried I managed to get all my store content installed into the game. I just can't play the worlds. I can use the clothes, hairstyles and some new objects from the worlds, but I can't actually play with the world. It still shows up as installed on the launcher and the downloads dashboard in-game. I can even install Riverview. So I'm thinking it must just be a Hidden Springs and Monte Vista thing. Either way, I've had this problem for two weeks and nothing has solved it. I need help.

Message 1 of 23 (22,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Please refer to this thread: See this guide for further help: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/m-p/1589911

Should you have further issue, make your own thread being as specific as possible what issue you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 23 (11,471 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Just to cover the basics: You have both worlds in your Purchase History on the Sims 3 website, right?

http://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 23 (22,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Both show up in my purchased history. When I go to the downloads tab in the launcher its there teasing me. I tried to install them and it goes through the process of installing. It then shows up in my installed content tab in the launcher as well. But as soon as I try to play the game, both worlds and any content I've downloaded from the sims 3 website can't be used in my game. It says they're all installed in the launcher though. When I open up downloads dashboard while I'm playing the everything shows up as uninstalled.

Message 3 of 23 (22,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I' having the same problem, except I'm on a PC not a Mac. It will download into the "downloads" section on the game launcher, then it will install but as soon as I load the game it's not there for me to use at all. Plus when I install Monte Vista it says "new patch content needs to be downloaded" so I click yes and then it just pops up and says "Patch updated", no loading bar comes up or anything to indicate that it has actually downloaded anything but the result is the same. I've restarted my laptop after downloading and installing this "new patch" but even after that it's still the same. It's really starting to annoy me because I paid for it and it won't even work. I'd really appreciate it if you could sort it out or at least help.

Message 4 of 23 (22,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem on PC running win7 also. I ordered these and University Life discs at the same time. Installed the ULife no problem. When I try either HS or MV the installer skips the dialog for selecting Typical or Custom install, and also skips the part where I'm supposed to enter the product code. It just goes from "select language" to the Install button, and then skips the usual disk activity/bargraph display  to "Installed". Then Origin starts up, and the Sims starts up with a prompt to patch webstore content. However the dialog won't accept any input; yes/no/later buttons don't respond and I am forced to use Task Manager to exit program. Defective disc? Strange that both discs act this way; could ULife installation have had an effect?

Message 5 of 23 (21,588 Views)

Hero

Download them through the launcher from your purchase history. Work a lot better than the disc.

See if this guide helps you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/m-p/1589911

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (21,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem!! I can't figure it out. Both disks skip the whole downloading process. Does anyone have the answer to this problem? 

Message 7 of 23 (21,406 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Follow these steps to redeem your code

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to your account page: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html (site will ask for your password again)
  3. Click on Redeem a Code
  4. Enter the 16-letter code, accept the Policies and click on Redeem
  5. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

OR

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to the general redeem a code page: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem.html
  3. Enter the 16-letter code (this is not for 20-letter codes) and click on Submit
  4. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version

Monte Vista

The world can either be bought through a Simpoint Bundle, on Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

The disc version actually contains the sims3pack file but you'll still need to register since the file itself needs an account activation. After inserting the disc, a wizard will guide you through the process. The world should then be copied directly to your downloads folder from where you can install it through the launcher. If not, you can download it from your purchase history or through the Webpage: Monte Vista

The code comes on a leaflet inside the DVD Box. You can also redeem the code directly, following the Origin instructions above without inserting the DVD.

Hidden Springs

The world can either be bought through Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

Hidden Springs is probably the most difficult to redeem if you bought the disc version (available also in the world bundle). The retail version does contain a disc but there's not much on it (the world sure isn't).  To make it even more confusing, when redeeming the code or going through the install process, for some the world isn't added to your purchase history but you get Simpoints credited to your account. You can then use to those to buy the world here: Hidden Springs. It doesn't matter that it says it costs 2000 SP on the page. If you got 2450 SP credited, that's what it will cost. The disc version is only for the world, there's no extra Simpoints. You can also only use those for the world itself and not buy something else.

There seem to be disc version around that give you a code that add the world directly to your purchase history. So if you don't get Simpoints, check there.

Message 8 of 23 (21,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Similar problems on pc. Can't get either to install says its done it but it has not and no opportunities for code entry.
Message 9 of 23 (20,975 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I believe the world bundle discs just try to automate the proccess of redeeming the code and downloading from purchase history where you have to then install the worlds. The discs do not have the worlds on them. You can redeem the codes and then download the worlds to the download tab of the launcher. You then install the worlds. Then you should find the worlds available in a drop down box on the world page at the beginning of the game.

Message 10 of 23 (20,972 Views)