Sims 3 Grey Map

by linastyyy

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Grey Map

@linastyyy  Try playing in a clean boot.  It's still a good idea to manually go through the Task Manager's background apps section to make sure nothing suspicious is running, since some applications are apparently not disabled in a clean boot anymore.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

I would wonder in particular about anything with the name Alienware in it, since Dell provides some gaming optimization software that might not be playing nicely with Sims 3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 13 (499 Views)

★★ Novice

I did a clean boot and it's still grey. I don't have any Alienware anything on my computer. I guess the game just won't work on this computer. Thanks for trying to help. This sucks though cus there are people with newer graphics cards that can play and for some reason I can't. I had a GTX 1050 when I first got the computer and the game still did that. Then, I got a GeForce 1660. Still didn't work. I have a 1660 SUPER now and it still doesn't work. 3 graphics cards are not getting read from the game on this computer. Really sucks but what can you do... 

Message 12 of 13 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]

@linastyyy  If you're still interested in troubleshooting, I'd like to see the status of your card in the Device Manager.  Hit Windows key-X and select Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section, and take a screenshot.  You can attach it to a post or embed it.  Please also run a new dxdiag, so I can see any new errors.

It may also be informative to run the Dell diagnostics tool:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-3670-desktop/diagnose

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 13 (473 Views)