Re: Sims 3 Glitches

by rmanderson514

Original Post

Sims 3 Glitches

★★★ Novice

I have been having glitch problems for awhile and it's taking away from the experience, It started when the last patch was installed and after that my sims have cursor hands with mostly everything and the stools will not snap correctly to high tables or the bubble machine. Pillow fighting is glitches as well as a couple of other things. Can you please help me?

Message 1 of 7 (317 Views)

Hero
  • What do you mean by cursor hands ?
  • What's the issue with the pillow fights ?
  • Are you using custom content in your game ?
  • What are the other issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (305 Views)

★★★ Novice

What I mean by cursor hands is that when they interact with pick up objects it often gets stuck to their hands like plates, books, and anything dealing with mixology and other things as well. The issue with the pillow fights is that they can pillow fight but everytime sims pillow fights they have cursor hands again and there are no feathers. The only custom content I have used was the no mosaic and a house, but when I deleted all the custom content and reinstalled I had the same problem. I don't have really much of any other issues except sometimes I get save game problems but I can always retry and it works and sometimes my Sims stretch up, but that's mostly kids who go to do something that an adult does.

Message 3 of 7 (296 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry forgot to mention also the problem with the stools not snapping correctly to the high tables but they snap correctly to bars.

Message 4 of 7 (293 Views)

Hero

If the cursor doesn't go back to normal, it often helps to press the esc key.

For the feathers, did you update the noMosaic to the newest version ? The mod needs updating with every EP or else you can't see certain effects.

As for the snapping, are you sure you're using the right chairs ? Are the chairs from the game or are they store content or custom content (could be if you downloaded a house).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (284 Views)

★★★ Novice

I make sure I update my Mods I know everything there is that you need to know when installing Mods. My Mods are not the problem and I no longer have any custom housing so housing can't be the problem. I know what chairs to use for  high tables, what I mean by not snapping right is they snap but they snap inside the high table like literally inside the middle of the table. And I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about cusor hands, it's not my cursor but what I mean is objects that the sims use often gets stuck on their hands incorrectly when using them I mean all my glitches are normal they just distort the animation, which I admit im a bit of a perfectionist when I play my Sims. The feathers was working fine with Mods I have  had before updating to the 1.50 patch and before I update I make sure I remove and disable my mods and update them when I do the launcher update. I believe it to be a problem with the new patch that dosen't work well for me, but if you have suggestion I wouldn't mind  the extra help.  I just don't want to ahve to reinstall everything because I have lots of store brought content as well as all the worlds and it takes forever.

Message 6 of 7 (276 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you mean bowls or plates etc getting stuck on the sims hands ? if so try this

testingcheatsenabled true then shift click on object the option then shows is  object -delete it then turn the cheat off testingcheatsenabled false

then clear the cache files

•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

Message 7 of 7 (266 Views)