Re: Sims 3 Game Freezes and won't unfreeze PLEASE HELP!

by Spellbound18

Original Post

@Spellbound18  You can certainly rebuild your launcher cc from scratch, or you can sort through the .dbc bundles individually to see which one(s) you need to delete.  This is a great guide; scroll down to Method by Mell:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

Any .dbc bundle that causes a crash can be examined for bad cc on its own in the launcher.  If you can't figure out which files to delete, or you can't uninstall them at all, you can simply remove the entire bundle.  Be sure to renumber the other .dbc files so that the numbers run consecutively, or the launcher may not read the higher ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 19 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so it’s not my launcher that’s the problem. I ticked the run with out CC button and my game still froze so I’m going to try the 50/50 method like you recommended with cc magic and hopefully I can figure out what the problem is. Although what would happen if it’s not my CC that’s the problem. Based off of the testing I did previously when my game ran fine it seams like it would be CC that’s the problem but if it’s not then What?

Message 12 of 19 (874 Views)

@Spellbound18  If the game ran well in a clean folder, then at the very least, you know you can play.  Instead of experimenting with your existing game folder, and all the files it contains, it's probably easier to copy one of your affected saves into a new folder and start adding cc to that.  So you'll have removed all the other complicating factors and can focus on whether the cc itself causes any problems.

Message 13 of 19 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I found out that it was one of my hairs that was causing the problem. However I have over 300 hair styles in my game So I disabled my hairs and created a new folder for my hairs in CC Magic. I keep a backup of my CC but I had about 100 extra hairs in CC Magic that I didn’t have saved so I created a new folder for my hairs and put the ones I had saved in that new folder to test and see if my game would run. The problem is still there so I most likely will have to get all new hairs. As I have no clue what hair is causing the error and trying to sort through 300 hairs is going to be a hassle. My game is now freezing at 4:43, I ran the save and it is stopping at 4:43 am. And with how cc Magic works the 50/50 method wouldn’t work that well.

Message 14 of 19 (841 Views)

@Spellbound18  You can still test the hairs separately in a clean folder.  If it's only one hair that's causing problems, eight or nine tests with the 50/50 method should do the trick.

If  you run into any more issues, let me know.

Message 15 of 19 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok so for the past few days I’ve been trying to come up with solutions but the problem has now changed and it’s weird. I completely got rid of my old hair file in CC Magic . It was large and over crowded and I had hairs in there I didn’t want in the first place but couldn’t get out. So I went and downloaded all new hairs from a safe place so I knew that the hairs would no longer be the problem. When I put it in my game the freezing was no longer occurring which was great. But when I added the rest of my CC back in the glitch persisted. I did the 50/50 method and got down to 5 categories that in game together are causing the freezing to occur once again. I haven’t tested them one at a time but I’ll list the items that seem to be freezing my game now.

Makeup

Accessories

Cars

Eyes

Build/Buy

Skins

When I went CC shopping for new hairs I also downloaded new Build/Buy objects, accessories, and clothes. I got all of it from the same places. IfcaSims for my hairs and Lana CC Finds for everything else. However the other categories listed were not touched and now there glitching. Clothes is not listed up above because that category is not causing any problems even though I added new CC. I don’t know if it is the program and I just need to put the CC in my game via mods folder or if it’s the actual CC it self. This is really confusing as I had no problem with these categories before and now my game is still freezing. This is very concerning because I’m basically back to square one. If my CC is the problem then I’d have to get rid of it. But if it’s not I don’t know what could be causing the problem?

Message 16 of 19 (783 Views)

@Spellbound18  You've already established that your save runs fine without certain cc files in a certain configuration.  The question is how much time you now want to spend trying to isolate the exact file or combination of files that cause the freezing.  You can still test in batches, or use the 50/50 method, to try to figure it out.  Or you can try with and without CC Magic, which works great for many people but does sometimes cause problems.

Or, if you're getting increasingly frustrated, you can get rid of the new items and play without them, or at least without many of them.  At this point, with your save already working some of the time, it might be easier to just go without a category of items that's causing trouble, or else add just a few files you really want and ditch the rest.

For what it's worth, Lana CC Finds is an aggregator, not a creator, so you probably have a number of different creators' items in your game.  Some creators are more reliable than others, and of course even the good ones can make mistakes.

Message 17 of 19 (6,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the help. I apologize if you felt bothered. I seem to have given off that vibe and that was never my intention. I just wanted help and was becoming frustrated with no result. Thank you for trying to help. I replaced my old sims 3 file with my new one and added all my store content and my library back into my game. I identified 3 categories that was freezing my game so I removed all 3 and and am just going to delete all the CC and replace it with new CC. I might try the 50/50 method with my Build/Buy CC as that has the most package files. Thank you for the help and I apologize again if I bothered you or came off a rude.❤️

Message 18 of 19 (764 Views)

@Spellbound18  You didn't come off as rude, just frustrated and (understandably) confused as to why this problem was happening and was so stubborn.  But custom content can be finicky like that.  There's unfortunately not much to do other than test the cc or delete it and start fresh.

That's why I didn't respond earlier: I didn't think I could give any other useful advice.  (And I didn't see your edit until now.)  I know this process is frustrating and tedious to work through, but there really aren't any good shortcuts.  And since you've already narrowed down the categories that cause the crashing, it seems like you're well on your way, whether you end up deleting everything or doing more testing.

Message 19 of 19 (708 Views)