Re: Sims 3 Game Doesn't Load After I Pick A World And Shuts Itself Off

by jazzmiint

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Doesn't Load After I Pick A World And Shuts Itself Off

★ Apprentice

So, I've had the Sims 3 on Origin for a while and I haven't played because I've been playing the Sims 4, anyway I wanted to revisit the sims 3 so I did. I loaded up the launcher and clicked play, when it loaded it came onto the screen where you pick a save game or make a new one, I didn't have any saved games from the previous time I'd played so I clicked new, I picked Bridgeport as the world and let it load. The loading screen for the world where it gives you tips and stuff took around 40 minutes to load before having my computer screen go black and turn off back onto Origin as if I had just exited the game. I tried it again with Starlight Shores, thinking it might just be Bridgeport, all worlds that I have have come with purchased expansion packs, and it did the same thing with around the same amount of loading time, I don't know if worlds usually take that long to load but in past experiences it hasn't been a good 40 minutes. After the game turned itself off I repaired and updated the game and noticed that when the game had repaired and update, when I clicked the settings of the game, the option for a repair and update was still there, despite Origin saying the game was up to date. Anyway, I tried to load a game in Bridgeport again and it turned itself off, I then tried again with Sunset Valley and the same thing happened again. I'm very confused as to why this is happening and really want to play the sims 3 as I recently bought some more stuff packs for it. I have quite a lot of custom content and some nraas mods to clean up the game but I have played with them before and there has never been a problem, I really don't want to remove my cc and mods because if they are the problem I will be a little bit upset, however my computer itself is a bit rubbish at the moment and I am looking into buying a better one for gaming but in the past it has been fine and the situation with my pc has not worsened in any way since the last time I've played and it's very confusing and I just don't know what to do, I have tried to search up how to fix it but no one I have come across so far has had my specific problem so I hope this gets solved quickly. Thanks in advance. Hope this makes sense. 

Message 1 of 5 (370 Views)

@jazzmiint  Please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to the foldre yet; just try to load Sunset Valley, and let me know whether it works.

I know you don't want to get rid of any of your mods or cc, but this is a useful test to see where the problem might be.  If you can't start a new save in a clean folder, this is likely a system issue.  In that case, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (364 Views)

★ Apprentice

I removed the whole Sims 3 folder as you said and placed it onto my desktop, I loaded up the sims and as the mods folder comes with the no intro, I know it worked as there was an intro and I had the interactive loading screen as I didn’t change any of the settings but it continued to change them after a while but loaded the world.

Message 3 of 5 (347 Views)

@jazzmiint  Okay, so if the game loads correctly in a clean folder, then the issue is something in your old folder.  You can start testing your content in batches, if you'd rather not start from scratch.  NRaas mods should be fine, but if it's been a few years since you last played, you may want to download new versions—some NRaas mods may have been updated since you last checked.  Plus, it's always best to download the newest versions to make sure they're all totally compatible with each other.

If your mods work, you can move on to custom content, then any other installed content you'd like to keep.  Here's a list of everything you'll find in your user data folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)

★ Apprentice

I redownloaded the mods folder and got the latest version of all the NRaas mods I played with previously and I am about to put some of my custom content back into my game and see how it goes. l’ll let you know if the game loads with them. Thanks again for your help.

Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)