Re: Sims 3 Fairies Wings Glitch

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Fairies Wings Glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have some fairies in The Sims 3, however, I decided that I'd prefer them as human sims. I used testingcheatsenabled and went on to CAS, and changed them from fairy to Sim. Now, their wings have turned white and their amount of magic has reduced to the bottom, but the bar is still there. How can I get rid of this and make them human sims?

Message 1 of 5 (1,398 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  Using testingcheats to remove an occult state isn't  particularly reliable, as you're seeing now.  It's not uncommon for features from that state to linger on what should now be a human sim.  Without mods, the only real way to fix this is to use potions or spells to cure the sims.  You might need to make them fairies again and then have them drink the cure.

Both Bottled Blessing of the Fae and Potent Cure are both often available from the elixir shop.  Or your sims can learn to make them once they've reached the proper level.  Here's a short guide to the alchemy skill:

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/supernatural/alchemy/

If that would take too long for the particular story you have in mind, you could always skill up a random sim in a new save, copy that sim to the bin, and add them to your active household just long enough for them to make the elixirs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I will try that now.

Message 3 of 5 (1,349 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Is it the Potent Cure Elixir that will turn them back?
Message 4 of 5 (1,335 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  Yes, the Potent Cure elixir permanently removes any occult state, as well as any temporary state like zombification.  But I'm not sure whether anything would happen if you used it on your currently sort-of-human sims, since the game might not recognize them as fairies anymore.  That's why I suggested making them fairies again first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (1,333 Views)