Sims 3 Expansions download but won't install

by jaymiex89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Expansions download but won't install

★★★★★ Novice

My Sims 3 Expansion packs are downloaded, but they don't give me the option to install, and one of them even says it is installed, but when I play the game, only the base game shows up.

I've been having this issue for five days; I've uninstalled/reinstalled Origin four times, deleted and reinstalled my games, but the Expansions still won't work!  

I'm using an ASUS laptop, running Windows 10, and the latest version of Origin.

Please help me!  I've talked to six different support people,  cleared my cache, clean uninstalled, clean rebooted my computer, everything!  I'm so frustrated I'm on the verge of tears.

Message 1 of 5 (2,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Expansions download but won't install

Hero

What version does your launcher show in the lower right corner ?

Are the expansions ticked under expansion in the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,737 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What version does your launcher show in the lower right corner ?

Are the expansions ticked under expansion in the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,738 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Sims 3 Launcher is Version 1.69.43.024017

But I think it's an Origin problem, because before Origin updated, it would download the games, and the "download" button changed to "install" . Now it just goes back to "download", but it says the expansions are installed...although the don't  show in my game.

Message 3 of 5 (2,489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You Rock!    :eahigh_file:

Although you didn't actually give me the solution, your question made me look more closely at my Launcher, where I noticed the "Expansions and Stuff Packs" button...going there, I realized that the latest update made it necessary to select what Expansions you want to play with. Angry That is dumb. But, it's fixed, so THANK YOU!!  :eahigh_file::eahigh_file::eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 5 (2,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I am having the same issue, I have the same version of sims launcher and my expansion packs are showing up under the expansion &stufff tab. When I go to install them my origin pops up. Then when I go to Download them it says that they are complete.
Message 5 of 5 (2,414 Views)