Sims 3 Expansions Not Installing Thru Origin

by BritStap85

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansions Not Installing Thru Origin

★★★★ Novice

I had to uninstall my Sims 3 game and expansions due to bad CC. When I try to re-install the expansions I purchased through Origin, I'll click the orange install button, it buffers for a second as if it is trying to begin installation, but then it quits and the bottom of the window says Installation Complete, but the game is actually not installed. I've have tried re-installing Origin, using CC Cleaner and clearing the cache with no success. If anyone can help, resolve this issue, that'd be great.

Message 1 of 7 (280 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Not Installing Thru Origin

EA Staff

@BritStap85 Could you please try enabling Safe mode downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (Origin menu in top left corner of Origin client). Also when starting Origin try running the client with Administrator right.

After this try downloading/installing the packs again.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 7 (269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried this, and I had no luck.

Message 3 of 7 (260 Views)

EA Staff

@BritStap85 In that case, please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

If the issue remains, please run Origin Error Report and post the ID here.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (251 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm still not having any luck.

My Origin Error Report ID is: 09831b4070002797

Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)

EA Staff

@BritStap85 Would you be willing to completely uninstall Sims 3 and then download/install the full game and expansions from Origin?

Message 6 of 7 (221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same problem... Origin and ea help was of zero assistance. All they did was send my tons of emails with links that did nothing to work. I tried 6 different people through chat and phone. NONE of them helped in slightest. It seems clear that they simply do not know what is wrong and are unwilling to acknowledge or fix it. They kept telling me I was the only person with the problem and it was my fault!!! they refused to issue me a refund...

Finally I had success...

I had to set up a whole new separate administrative account on my computer. Then I had to do a clean uninstall and reisntall. I saved the game to a separate hard-drive to back it up. I can now play the game but there are still lots of errors. I can play it though which was all I wanted. I found this solution from a friend NOT through origin help. Don't bother with them... they just read scripts and send emails. All things you could easily do yourself, and probably did before you called. I hope my suggestion helps if you still haven't found a solution! Good luck!

Message 7 of 7 (215 Views)