Re: Sims 3 Expansions Missing from Launcher

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansions Missing from Launcher

★★★ Newbie

I recently got a new computer and installed Origin to reinstall some of my expansions (I was able to reinstall 4).  After hours of re installation, I was finally able to play but when I launch the game and go to the Expansions & Stuff tab of the game launcher none of them are there.  I have to close out of the launcher at least 5 times before they can detect 1 expansion.  Can anyone help with this?  Has anyone had something like this happen to them?  

Message 1 of 6 (502 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kassy_w13  Does the base game appear in Origin? Is your computer a pc or mac? Where did you buy your packs?

Message 2 of 6 (484 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 I'm having the same issue, The base game appears in my origin and I don't remember where I bought the packs
Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SydneySunset  The DRM for this game when released was very loose until Origin. Origin is the DRM for this game since 2012. If you bought the packs from Origin the sale should be in your Origin purchase history. I bought some packs from Amazon and those sales still show up in my Amazon purchase history. If you bought them from an unauthorized dealer EA may have removed them for TOS (terms of service) violation. When you pay for this game you do not "own" it. What you are paying for is a license to use the software. Authorized sellers will probably never sell legitimate versions on Ebay. Most Ebay vendors are legitimate but there are a few and I have been burnt a few times. Activation codes used to be stored on the local computer but I'm not so sure anymore. I believe once you activate a expansion pack that pack is added to your Origin account and the code is not stored anymore. The code is what it is, an activation code. Your account can not be accessed from these forums. You will need to contact a game advisor about this issue - link - EA customer service  I recommend you have the codes handy before you contact them.

Message 4 of 6 (413 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 So I got the packs as a gift from my family and they printed the codes and gave them to me years ago and since then I lost them. So I can't do anything since I don't have the codes?

Message 5 of 6 (399 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SydneySunset I assuming your computer is a pc. Do you have access to the computer the packs were installed on? If so search the registry for erg the codes may still be there. As I explained you don't own the game - what you are paying for is the license to use the software and to activate the license you have to use the code that is obtained with your purchase. If the packs were obtained from an unauthorized source you need to contact the place of purchase  about the issue. If you never activated the packs and don't have the codes you need to check with the place of purchase. Origin keeps track of all your purchases along with the codes as does Amazon. Be aware the code can only be redeemed once as the code can not exist in two different Origin accounts. You really need to contact EA customer service as they can access your account and see if there is an issue.

Message 6 of 6 (391 Views)