Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

★★★ Newbie

My old laptop stopped working so I got a new one for my birthday. I wanted to continue playing sims on this new laptop but was only able to re-download the base game from origin. I bought my expansion packs before I started using origin and the download codes are deep in a box somewhere. I really don't want to have to repurchase all the expansion packs that I had :c

What do I do?

Message 1 of 8 (1,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@BlueLoverKiss  If the old computer is a pc and boots you can use a program called gamekeyrevealer (google it). This should display any codes in the registry. If the packs are not in your Origin account you WILL need the codes to redeem the codes for your account.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,276 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@BlueLoverKiss  If the old computer is a pc and boots you can use a program called gamekeyrevealer (google it). This should display any codes in the registry. If the packs are not in your Origin account you WILL need the codes to redeem the codes for your account.

Message 2 of 8 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did what you told me to do and I got all the game codes but when I enter them it says they were already redeemed on my account and won't let me add them Frown

Message 3 of 8 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. whats even worse for me was that my old laptop was a PC and my new laptop is a MAC I am able to install the ones I bought off the Origin site but couldn't redeem the codes that I had in disks.

Message 4 of 8 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 expansion pack ( Sims 3 Supernatural) will not download. The download button is just straight up not doing anything when I use this. I have looked into his and this was an issue back in June last year. I haven't found a work around on the new Origin and my laptop is brand new, running on powerful drivers and so  no reason for this to be an issue. I am extremely angry due to this situation, as it shouldn't be THIS DIFFICULT to install an expansion pack. And as I previously said, I can't even get the download to begin. It says that I already have the item in my library, I scroll down and try to download it but it does not download.

Please fix this issue, as I used the game on the same laptop since I bought it and have only recently changed PC.

For this to STILL be an issue it doesn't seem like anyone has actually tried to fix the issue.

Original post was from July, I've seen other posts form last year and it's ridiculous that this is still an ongoing issue.

Either fix the issue so I can download Sims 3 Supernatural, or refund the FULL cost of a game I no longer have access to because of ongoing issues that should have been fixed by now.

Message 5 of 8 (972 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BlueLoverKiss  Open Origin, login , right click the game icon, click show game details, click extra content. This is where you will find the expansion packs.

Message 6 of 8 (968 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BlueLoverKiss  What message do you get when you enter the codes in Origin or thesims3.com?

Message 7 of 8 (967 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DoeEyedMax  There are several reasons this may happen. The most common is the version of the base game. To download a pack from Origin the base game needs to be at version 1.69? Did you install the base game from disc? How much free space on your system device? Is your computer a pc or mac? What antivirus and/or ad blocker are you using? Just because your laptop is new, it may not be up to date. What version of operating system are you using? Where was Seasons purchased?

Message 8 of 8 (962 Views)