Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansion Packs Missing

★★★ Newbie

Recently, I got a new computer and re downloaded all of my games from my last PC. When I went into the Sims 3, I found all of my packs were gone and the prices had appeared on all of the ones I originally had bought. When contacting EA Support, I was told that they couldn't find any traces of the expansions being registered despite me downloading them and entering all the codes on this exact account. 

Here are the expansions that were originally downloaded:

- Pets

- Seasons

- Late Night

- University

- Island Paradise

- Into the Future

- Ambitions

I got all of these games at my Target and don't have the discs anymore or codes. I do not want to have to go through the process of buying them all again.

Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Missing

@TopHatMustache  Merely installing by using the codes doesn't itself register your packs in Origin.  You'd have needed to specifically add them to your Origin account, or to your account on the Sims 3 Store site.  Is it possible you had a different account with the store, and your packs were added there instead?  If so, you could get the two accounts merged.  Keep in mind that the account that disappears would likely not transfer its store content to the other one.

If you don't have a second account, then perhaps you never specifically registered your codes at all.  If you still have access to your old computer, and no one cleaned out all traces of the Sims 3 install, you may be able to find your old codes there.  Here's how:

Windows:  https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

macOS:  https://bluebellflora.com/finding-your-serial-key-using-terminal/

If the codes don't work, you can at least contact EA support again, this time asking specifically what happened to those codes.  Since you don't have the discs anymore, it might help to have a screenshot of the codes showing in the old computer's registry or Terminal, as above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)