by Renamed639311

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Awesome, thanks!

Message 11 of 29 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine are still requesting I pay for them. I have every single disc in my hand currently, but I bought a Notebook so there's no CD drive meaning I can't download my discs unless I buy a writer or re-buy the game. Unacceptable. 

Message 12 of 29 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but when I click view game details it doesn't give me an option to download the expansion packs. When I click on one it only gives me the option to select "play" and when I click that nothing happens. Please help

Message 13 of 29 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get it fixed? I still can't download any of mine and I've paid for all of them too

Message 14 of 29 (1,273 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@Renamed639311 Sims 3 expansions are no longer separate game tiles in Origin client. To see, download and install the expansion, right click the Sims 3 game tile in Origin client and go to 'View Game Details'.

This was extremely helpful. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!

Message 15 of 29 (1,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What about the worlds we've bought with the sims 3 and special online store items? Should they be on Origin too? Or will I always have to re-download them from my online sims 3 community account? And if so, will the sims 3 online store/community website stay up for good?
Message 16 of 29 (1,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I lost a lot of things that I have been buying this is incredible that after years buying and using my things now I dont have them I went to my statement and I bought 650.00 in games what happen with you I want my things back or my money. Furniture, Expansion packs Towns like Bridge Port that I love it and things than when I start playing I see that I had before and now I dont I dont now what you do but I want my things back because know I have the basics like if I start the game 

Message 17 of 29 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you have one of the expansion packs on a separate account because like a dummy you forgot to check which account you were using?

Message 18 of 29 (1,206 Views)

★ Guide

My expansion packs are vanishing in game even though I can see them under game details in Origin. My expansion packs are downloaded but even so when I go in game they are not there. I can't travel or see any of my expansions? I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling and repairing now for two days

Message 19 of 29 (1,102 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed. Origin updated the other day - even though i have it set to NOT UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY and it does it every single time and screws everything up. I was playing TS3 and noticed I was missing a bunch of items I generally use. I went into the function that allows you to sort by pack and discovered only Custom and Store are available. Stressing that all of my packs were there prior to whatever update automatically happened.

Today, before going into the game after several days, I decided to check the Expansion Pack tab - which, by the way was one of the most ridiculous changes made and completely messed up the game for those of us (everyone) that uses custom content because you did it AFTER the game was no longer supported and creators had moved on. All of my packs are in there and waiting to be checked. I have no idea why because, again, they have been there all along. I went through the trouble of clicking on all of them and clicked on the Install Packs, even though I knew this is not what should be done. All it did was pop up the Origin page.

So, now I'm on the Origin page and everything is showing up in my library. if I glide over a pack, there is no option to Install - duh, why would there be because it has been installed for a really long time now - and the option to Play is greyed out.

This has nothing to do with the packs being filed behind the base game, which all of the answers for this problem point to. This is a different issue where games that have been installed are not showing up in gameplay and are not available under Origin.

I would appreciate it if someone would address this issue as soon as possible.

Message 20 of 29 (1,082 Views)