Sims 3 Expansion Pack Not Showing in Origin

by RadicalKitKat

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Not Showing in Origin

★★★ Novice

So I have not played sims 3 in a while now, but i have purchased many expansion packs digitally over the years through origin. Basically, my sister wants to be able to play sims on her macbook pro, but when I downloaded origin the only game showing up was the base sims 3 game. I checked on my order history and all the expansions i purchased are still there, but they are not showing up in my origin library. It would be good to be able to get access to these games because a lot of money was spent on them.

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 25 (46,434 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Not Showing in Origin

Message 2 of 25 (46,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is doing this too. I just spend £59 on two expansion packs and waited hours for them to install and now they are greyed out. 
Origin knows I own them but how do i reinstall them? every time i click on download it says 2/2 complete, but they are still greyed out and i can't play. 
I have tried uninstalling the base game in reinstalling (losing all my game-play in the process) and it is still an issue. I have spoken to two Origin Reps online now and neither have helped. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Message 3 of 25 (43,461 Views)

Hero

Did you try reinstalling Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (43,399 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey RadicalKitKat,, so I was having the same problem too. Turns out if you hover over the expansion pack and right click it will give you the option to repair the game, do that and then wait for it to repair. It will prompt you to restart your system and you should be all ready to go! Youre Welcome! 

Message 5 of 25 (42,785 Views)

★★ Novice

If anybody else had this problem what you do is hover over the Base Game and click on the information button. Scroll down and click on your expansion pack and download it! If you haven't purchased it there will be a plus sign to purchase. Hope this helped! (This was done on my Macbook pro.)

Message 6 of 25 (40,633 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for helping. It was the perfect answer.

Message 7 of 25 (39,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

II am still having trouble. . . . . .

Message 8 of 25 (32,163 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MissPincessLynn,

Have you seen the link @ScottDemon shared?: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-New-Origin-Layout-for-The-Sims-3-Expansion-Packs/m-p/4641393...

If you did and you still have issues, could you give us more details of what are you missing and if you had issues redeeming the code? Let us know any details you think could be helpful Wink

Thanks,

Mai

Message 9 of 25 (32,089 Views)

★★ Novice
What is the trouble you're having?
Message 10 of 25 (31,652 Views)