Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Not Showing in Origin

by Ston3rDragon

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

ok so I bought the disk long ago (yup old fashioned now) and a year ago used the product key to get all my stuff on origin but now im trying to download ambitions pack but it just wants me to buy it so I tried the redeem product code and it didn't work it showed up as the product sims 3 ambitions and that I even owned it under my email account but when I told it to continue it said "product code already used" im like WTF someone explain this * please.

Message 21 of 25 (1,530 Views)

@SalutarySum5  The code can only be registered once, so even if you're trying to input it under the same account, you'll see a message that it's already been used.  If you're sure you only have the one account, and Ambitions isn't showing as owned, you should contact EA customer support.  Some people have been locked out of specific packs, but that's usually due to buying a code from an unauthorized dealer, not a disc copy.  Still, it would be better to have someone from EA look at your account to see what's going on.

When you contact support, make sure to have your code on hand, as well as photos of your disc, package, sleeve, and insert if you still have them, and any other proof of purchase or ownership you can find.  No one here can see your account details, much less change anything, but a tech can fix this in a few minutes.  If you get someone unhelpful, there's nothing wrong with hanging up and coming back later to talk to someone else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 25 (1,520 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem and I even tried contacting EA and they tried to help but it didn't work at all! Hell, I spent almost 3 hours with them (I went through two people to try and fix my problem) and none of it helped. Does anyone here know what to do?

Message 23 of 25 (1,471 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KawaiiNarwhal300  I don't know precisely what's happening on your end, but the first fixes suggested are usually to restart your computer several times, clear Origin's cache, or uninstall and reinstall Origin itself.  (This would not affect your installed games.)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/54997...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

But if these steps haven't solved the issue, there's not much else anyone here can say.  Unfortunately, only EA's people can sort through an account problem.  At the very least, someone should have told you which packs are listed in your account and if any of them are blocked.  You could try contacting them again and hopefully getting someone more helpful; don't be afraid to ask that your case be escalated.  But there's no way outside of EA support to fix your account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 25 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive followed this process. My EP doesn't show when following the steps. But it says installed when I search for the Game EP.  And Origin online doesn't show my game, order history items, etc. But the downloaded Origin does... I am currently updating Sims 3 on Origin. Ive already repaired it. Afterwards Ill restart my PC and see if anything changes. If not...I'll be back. 👍

Message 25 of 25 (1,141 Views)