Sims 3 EP deleted from library

by aciralin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 EP deleted from library

★ Novice

Hi, 

I recently bought an Origin game key from G2A  for the Sims 3 Pets and I redeemed it. When I played the game, Pets appeared in my game, and also in my game library, but now, when I start up my game, Pets doesn't seem to be in it, neither does it seem to appear in my library. And when I go to the Pets page, it gives me the option to buy it, instead of saying that I already own the game, as it does with my other EPs.

Any help?

Message 1 of 6 (454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 EP deleted from library

@aciralin  It sounds like you probably received a bad code from G2A, and EA has now removed it from your library.  This is why it's never a good idea to buy from unauthorized third-party sellers.  You never know where the codes they provide came from, whether they were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained, and whether EA's accounting will eventually catch up and cancel the batch of codes that includes yours.

If you want to find out for sure what happened to your code, you can contact EA customer support and ask.  It's also a good idea to make sure that the code is completely removed from your account, so that you don't run into any issues if and when you buy the pack again.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

In the future, it's best to only buy either directly from Origin, or from authorized sellers like Amazon or Best Buy.  Some of them, including Origin, will have occasional sales on Sims 3 content, with prices 50% off or more.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)

All Replies

@aciralin  It sounds like you probably received a bad code from G2A, and EA has now removed it from your library.  This is why it's never a good idea to buy from unauthorized third-party sellers.  You never know where the codes they provide came from, whether they were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained, and whether EA's accounting will eventually catch up and cancel the batch of codes that includes yours.

If you want to find out for sure what happened to your code, you can contact EA customer support and ask.  It's also a good idea to make sure that the code is completely removed from your account, so that you don't run into any issues if and when you buy the pack again.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

In the future, it's best to only buy either directly from Origin, or from authorized sellers like Amazon or Best Buy.  Some of them, including Origin, will have occasional sales on Sims 3 content, with prices 50% off or more.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 2 of 6 (442 Views)

★ Novice

Oh, sucks to hear that :/ 

Thank you for your help, though!

Message 3 of 6 (435 Views)

★ Novice

I too am having issues, this is the second time. On TS4 I mostly purchase from G2A and I've never had issues, however I purchased TS3 the other week from GAMIVO.com and it's asking for the code again which I already entered. I contacted them and they gave me another code. Issue solved, right? Nope. It happened again. I've emailed them again and they said "oh well we will contact the merchant and get back to go blahblahblah" I've waited a day and still no email. The first time the service was incredibly fast, the whole thing took about 45 mins. This has taken 24 hours. Smh. I'm not buying full priced games from 10 years ago, so I save £37 by buyiung £2 versions. 

Message 4 of 6 (407 Views)

@aimeex0  Again though, this is why it's a bad idea to buy from these sellers.  You're lucky your code got cancelled in time for you to ask for a refund.  For some people, they're fine for months, and then one day they login and find their pack has disappeared.  There's a reason the codes are so cheap.

If you don't want to pay full price, wait for a sale.  Origin has offered TS3 packs for $10 U.S. each, and Steam for as low as $5 if you catch one of the storewide sales.  And while the base game may be ten years old, the last pack is barely six.  More importantly, a lot of people still play, and many of them are in fact willing to pay full price for new content.  So there's no point in Origin dropping the standard price if so many buyers already exist.

Message 5 of 6 (397 Views)

★ Novice

I took your advice and got a refund from the shady website. Steam are actually doing a sale rn, so I thought why not get the bundle with 3 expansions and the base game itself. Just waiting for it to allow me to buy because the funds on my card hadn't updated but I didn't realise so I have to wait an hour before making another purchase, though I bought nothing before. Anyways, thankyou for the advice!

Message 6 of 6 (364 Views)