Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

by AlexTorrance

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

★★★ Novice

PLEASE HELP!! I'm going crazy with the elevators in the house that I'm building. I need it to skip 1 floor which is just 1 step of a staircase high (kinda like a foundation). So there's one in the basement and another one on the "second floor". I can't place the shaft cause sims won't be able to use it, I'm trying to use markers such as the floor jump marker and the public room marker (since I saw these inside the elevators of the skyscrapers of Bridgeport) but nothing worked. Can anyone explain me what an I doing wrong? There must be a way to make markers work since they work for the huge floor jump of the buildings in Bridgeport!

Message 1 of 3 (192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 ELEVATORS floor jump PROBLEM

★★★ Novice
Hey Puzzlezaddict I just found out the solution. Apparently I just had to put flooring on the 1 step high floor and place the shaft there with the moveobjects on cheat and apparently it worked. I couldn't even see the shaft intersecting while the elevator opened

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)

All Replies

@AlexTorrance  Honestly, I myself have no idea how to do this.  I've never tried to build an apartment, and I'm not very good at building in general, anyway.  I asked around a bit, but so far, no one has replied with a solution.

Maybe someone else will have an idea of how to help you, but in the meantime, you could ask on the official Sims forums.  The Sims 3 section still has a number of active builders, and I'm sure there will be a couple of people who can offer you some guidance.  You could ask in general discussion or in the Builders section of the Creative Corner.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion-en

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/builders

New members can't start their own threads, so if you don't find one that you feel comfortable posting in, let me know and I can start one for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey Puzzlezaddict I just found out the solution. Apparently I just had to put flooring on the 1 step high floor and place the shaft there with the moveobjects on cheat and apparently it worked. I couldn't even see the shaft intersecting while the elevator opened
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help