Re: Sims 3 Custom Music won't work at all

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Custom Music won't work at all

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to have my own music in Sims 3, so I downloaded a handful of songs and input them into the custom music folder. I however, also deleted all the existing songs that Sims had in there. Idk if that was a bad idea or not, or if it's the cause of this. Anyways, when I try to play custom music in the game, it'll still play all the old songs that I had deleted and will not play the ones I added. They won't even show up in the songs list in the options menu. When I first input them, I dragged all the music into the file. My second attempt was to take them al out then just copy paste them in. That didn't work either. They're all mp3 files too, so it's not that either. I don't know what else to do besides ask the internet. I tried searching for answers, but everyone had gotten it to work before then it stopped working, not never ever working like me. Help me solve this issue so I can hear my Bring Me The Horizon music please.  

Message 1 of 2 (621 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Custom Music won't work at all

[ Edited ]

@Bonniebunny89009  I moved your post to the Sims 3 forum.

I'm not an expert in custom music, but there are a few things you can try.  It's better to start with a clean game folder, just to eliminate other potential issues with your current folder.  Drag your entire TS3 folder out of Documents\EA and onto your desktop, then launch the game to spawn a new one.  Then quit, delete the existing songs in CustomMusic, and paste your own inside.  Load a new save to see if the music works, and let me know.

There are a couple of potential issues with custom music I've seen mentioned.  The first is that the bit rate can't be higher than 320 kbit/s.  The second is that the game doesn't like files with embedded album art.  Remove the album art, or use different songs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (598 Views)