Re: Sims 3 Custom Content is not showing up.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Custom Content is not showing up.

★ Novice

My sims 3 custom content is not showing up. i am having such a hard time with this because i have been trying for almost 2 days and cannot figure it out. please help.

Message 1 of 7 (559 Views)

@MakailaAguilar  What kind of custom content are you trying to install?  Do you have OneDrive enabled?  If so, please disable its auto syncing of the Documents directory.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (546 Views)

★ Novice

thank you so much for replying to me, and Its just custom content itself, any custom content ive gotten from tsr.com to youtube/tumblr it wont detect it. i do not know what OneDrive is or know how to locate it. a thing i noticed is the resource link i got from any link at all has a internet explore icon in my folder, and wanted to know if that is at all a problem and could be a problem.

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

@MakailaAguilar  What I meant was, are you trying to install .package files, or .Sims3Packs?  How are you doing it?  OneDrive is a Windows 10 feature; please let me know if you have a different operating system.

The Internet Explorer icon is not an issue in itself, but it would be an issue if you were trying to open the custom content files with IE.  Just download them and install them in the proper way.  If you're not sure how to do that, please let me know what kind of files you're downloading, as in, .package or .Sims3Pack.

Message 4 of 7 (537 Views)

★ Novice

Update i diabled Onedrive. And i have both .package files and .sims3packs seperated, so its both. What im doing is going to electronic arts>sims 3> mods> Packages where .packages and .sims3packs are both located. I got the files from youtube but thought that was the problem so got it from another website and still seemed to have the same problem. I am not trying to open the custom content with IE and dont use IE at all. Again thank you so much for replying to me i appreciate it sooo much

Message 5 of 7 (532 Views)

★ Novice

update: idk what happened but IT WORKED BUT I MOVED MY .SIMS3PACK OUT OF MY PACKAGES AND IT WORK thank uuuuu so much i honestly think me disabling OneDrive was what worked.

Message 6 of 7 (502 Views)

@MakailaAguilar  That makes sense: .Sims3Packs don't belong in the Packages folder.  In order to install them, you need to place them in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, then open the launcher's Downloads tab and install from there.

Message 7 of 7 (484 Views)