Sims 3 Cursor won't show, please help?

by weirdicat

Original Post

Sims 3 Cursor won't show, please help?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sooo...A few days ago I got my laptop fixed for a cracked screen, when I started to play Sims 3...It was on full screen mode, which is the mode I ALWAYS play on but it's acting different.

1.) The screen is dimmer

2.) The Cursor won't appear

I googled it up and found lots of suggestions like, if I do Alt+Enter, I can play in windowed mode, and the cursor WILL appear and the game looks normal except I CAN'T edge scroll, and plus I can't move around the game like I usually can with the left button on the mouse which is INCREDIBLY annoying. 

People have said that maybe my mouse settings need to be changed and I've ALREADY checked that, my mouse trail is turned off, and the shadow is off too. It's just that I can't see my cursor when I enter full screen mode and I just want to know why it's acting this way.

I'd hate to reinstall the game but hopefully there could be other ways to fix it, please help.

Message 1 of 10 (1,873 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Cursor won't show, please help?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Which game version are you currently at ? 1.67 or 1.69 ?

Do you have issues with any other programs/games as well ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did have problems with Sims 4, but I fixed it with full windowed mode. My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit, my game version is 1.69
Message 3 of 10 (1,829 Views)

Hero

What kind of mouse are you using ? Do you have any special software installed for the mouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I just use a mousepad, is it possible that this has something to do with the driver for my mousepad so I can probably update it/reinstall it?
Message 5 of 10 (1,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I downloaded a new driver because my mousepad driver was outdated, but it still doesn't work.
Message 6 of 10 (1,796 Views)

Hero

Bit out of ideas then. 

Let me check with some other people

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@weirdicat Hey, I know you don't want to reinstall, but perhaps a repair will help? 

Right-click the panel for the game and there should be a repair option. Try this then please check again. 

Thanks, let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It still acts the same, I believe that it's something on my computer. Thanks for attempting to help, I appreciate it. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,754 Views)

Community Manager

Aye, I think you're right.

One thing you can try is to restart your system with a Clean Boot, in case  there is interference from a 3rd-party program. I suspect that there isn't, but Clean Boot will help to discount a whole bunch of potential issues. 

Perhaps changing the mouse settings will help. Try clicking Start > Contol Panel then Mouse. 

Check the Pointer Options tab and untick Display Pointer Trails, then Apply. 

Then untick "enable pointer shadow" under the Pointers tab, and apply again. 

Then launch and check.

If this had no effect, or the boxes were already unticked, you can try running the game in a different compatibility mode to test?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/make-older-programs-run

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,742 Views)