Re: Sims 3 Create a World edit in game

by aminovas

Original Post

Sims 3 Create a World edit in game

★★★ Newbie

I've been building a world for a few days now and i'm trying to edit in the game, and nothing happens. When i click on the edit in game button, the game launcher to play sims appears, but nothing happens after that? 

Also, i tried deleting CAW in the hopes that that wouls work, i backed up my world onto my hard drive and i can't seem to open it in CAW now. I tried editing a world again once i downloaded CAW again and the same problem is happening Frown
Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 20 (13,728 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi, there are a bunch of people having this issue, myself included... some people get stuck after being prompted to sign into Origin, and some get stuck at the launcher.  I would get stuck at the launcher.

Here is the thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/691109.page

Long story short, the solution for me was getting a different license for the base game.  There are two versions of the base game, one prior to the "go social" features and one after.  If you have the version of the base game that says "go social" you will likely not be able to open up Edit in Game.  I managed to acquire a second license (inredibly annoying that I had to pay twice) of the base game, a 2009 license.  I registered it with Origin, and then was able to download the non-"go social" version of the base game and reinstall it.  It worked like a dream.

EA really should allow those of us who purchased the base game after late 2012 the option of downloading the original base game.  Maybe a call to customer service would be in order.  

But there could be other issues.  There are lots of links in the thread I posted from some very helpful people on the Sims forum.  Good luck! it is so worth it to fix it.

Message 2 of 20 (13,677 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for posting this Aminovas Standard smile 

Leaving my own message to EA too !  Standard smile

Dear EA, I am one of the Sims 3 players with this problem with CAW.

When I try to get CAW to do EIG (Edit in Game) Origin pops up, even if I am already signed into Origin, then the Launcher opens & the only option I have is to launch the launcher as if I were going to play a game.

I am experienced with CAW prior to Seasons & this is not the way its supposed to work.

Origin & the Launcher is blocking CAW from performing the EIG function. As a Sims 3 player, this is beyond my scope to fix.

CAW needs to point to the Sims  games .exe files to EIG not Origin/Launcher.

Please fix this. Really would like to finish working on my world.

I've tried a bunch of things, I've uninstalled CAW, reinstalled it about 4-5 times, I've checked the versions to make sure they are compatible with the game, I've tried to run CAW in compatible with windows vista & windows 7 mode & tried to run it as an administrator, I've tried to install CAW in a different directory,  I've removed malware from my computer, and I've unchecked the box enable Origin in game in the Origin settings.  None of this seems to help. In all cases Origin continues to pop up prompting me to sign in even though I am already signed in.

I'm on a windows 8  PC. I get my games direct download which I believe may be contributing to the problem since I'm forced to sign into Origin to play my games.  I believe that programmers need to look @ the script for CAW to make sure it is pointing to the game .exe file with regards to EIG.  Please fix this EA !  Thank you !

Message 3 of 20 (13,673 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi faytheful Standard smile

Just to be clear for anyone reading this: there are TWO different versions of the base game available for direct download from origin.  One works with Edit in Game and one does not (the post-Showtime Go-Social version).  

The solution would be for Origin to allow those with a license for the later base game to download the ealier version of the base game instead.  We have paid for a license to the base game and should be able to do this.  The post-Showtime version opens up the launcher instead of the game, and if you have your requirements set to make you sign into origin, it will ask you to do so.  You can change your preferences in Origin to by-pass the Origin sign-on screen, but that does not will not solve the problem of EIG getting stuck at the launcher.

I repeat, the solution would be for Origin to allow those with a license for the later version of the base game to download the original version.  

Message 4 of 20 (13,661 Views)

★ Apprentice

I realize it's been over a year since this problem was posted, but I haven't found a fix for this. I actually don't have this exact problem, but instead when I click edit in game and confirm that I want to do this.....nothing happens. Origin doesn't open, the launcher doesn't open, only my render panel in Create A World refreshes. I have only the base game installed with a few items from the store but no expansions.

Message 5 of 20 (11,946 Views)

Hero

When did you buy the basegame ? Before or after sept 2012 ? It seems the newer base games that require Origin don't work with EIG. I do not believe there's a workaround for that but to be sure, you would need to check the CAW forum on thesims3.com.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (11,937 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ugh. Yes, I had to replace my copy recently and it's the version with Origin. I think I'm losing track of the reasons I can't stand Origin.

Message 7 of 20 (11,915 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a problem with the Edit in Game feature in Create a World, it will look like it is loading but then I get and error that says that Sims 3 is not responding. After it then says it is looking for a solution then it will close any possible launch of the Sims 3.

I have Windows 7, the original version of the base game (got only a couple of months after it's release), I have all of the expansion packs and stuff packs I also have most of the objects and some of the clothes from the store. My game is updated to the most current version (1.67).

I have used the Create a World tool many times without a problem. I have over the years had to uninstall and reinstall my game (The Sims 3) many times to repair problems. Also I have had to reload my computer back to factory defaults to repair problems that I am having with the operating system. I have not reinstalled the CAW tool each time. When I decide that I want the tool again I will download a new copy of the exe file and reinstall CAW. But this time I can't get the Edit in Game feature to work.

Any suggestions would be helpful?

Message 8 of 20 (11,854 Views)

Hero

I won't pretent that I know anything about CAW that would help you with this and as far as I'm aware, there's no one here at AnswerHQ that has enough knowledge to help you.

My suggestion is to ask at the CAW forum over on thesims3.com. Much more knowledgeable people there.

You might get an answer here as well so do either subscribe to this thread to get an email if there's an answer or just check back in a couple days.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (11,843 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your frank response in this matter. I will take your advice and monitor this thread and also check on The Sims 3 site. If I get an answer to my issue I will be happy to share it here.
Message 10 of 20 (11,840 Views)