Re: Sims 3 Create A World Download Not Working 2020

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Create A World Download Not Working 2020

★★ Novice

I can't get the Sims 3 Create a World tool to start downloading from the official site. It just brings up a blank pop up. Is the tool unsupported now or am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 25 (12,353 Views)
Highlighted

@meggyreap  What kind of install is this—Origin, disc, or Steam—and does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Do you have Sims 3 installed on this computer right now?  Are you signed into your Sims 3 Store account when you try to download?

While CAW is finicky to get running, and it doesn't work in certain situations, you should be able to download it, in Windows at least, as long as the store site recognizes that you own the game and have a valid install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 25 (12,314 Views)

★★ Novice

The base game and some packs are installed through origin, some other packs are installed through disc. I am on a windows laptop with the game installed on it. The sims 3 site won't let me login.

Message 3 of 25 (12,237 Views)

@meggyreap  You do need to be signed into the Sims 3 website to download CAW, so that's likely the issue.  Try using a different browser: Firefox and Internet Explorer tend to work better with the store than Chrome.  Using a different browser would also get around any privacy settings your main browser has that might be preventing you from signing into the site.

If you still can't login, try doing so while you're already signed into another EA site, like this one.  If you open the Sims 3 site in another regular (not private) window in the same browser, it should recognize your credentials and sign you in automatically, provided you're using the same email address on that site as you do here.

If this doesn't help, change your EA password, clear your browser cache, and try again.

When downloading, make sure to get the 1.69 version of CAW rather than the 1.67 version; the latter won't work on an Origin-controlled install.

Message 4 of 25 (12,206 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks for the help you fixed my problem, just wanted to let you know

Message 5 of 25 (11,156 Views)

★ Novice

I did had the same problem,and manege to fix it, bt now i encounter a new one. Every time i download the create a world tool and install it, it gets installed in german and not english. do you know what can i o to fix ths?

Message 6 of 25 (11,101 Views)

@mantadaniela  What language is your game installed in, and what language are you using on the Sims 3 Store site when you download Create a World?  You can change the language at the top of the page.

Message 7 of 25 (11,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I'm facing another issue, when i click to donwload it opens a tab but it doesn't download nothing. What do I do?
Message 8 of 25 (9,384 Views)

@hylmimi3000  When the blank tab opensp, a little box should show up asking what application you want to use to open the download.  However, your browser might be blocking the download before it can even start.  So you may need to manually allow pop-ups or circumvent some other security feature in your current browser, or try using a different browser.

Firefox works well with the store for me, including a couple minutes ago when I tested to make sure the store itself wasn't down.

Message 9 of 25 (9,360 Views)

★★ Novice

looks like this thread is still running phew

I'm logged into the sims 3 site and when I press the download button for the 1.69 compatible option, it opens a new tab for a second then closes. nothing comes up on my downloads bar in my browser or in my files.

all of my sims 3 games/expansion packs have been installed via disc but run thru origin. I'm on a windows computer running windows 10. I have allowed notifications for the site.

Message 10 of 25 (9,344 Views)