Re: Sims 3 Create A World Compatibility Issues

by stevekenilworth

Original Post

Sims 3 Create A World Compatibility Issues

★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded & installed the Create A World Beta for Sims 3 but whenever I try to start it up I get the following message:

"Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create A World. You must re-install Create A World. First, back up your world files & uninstall Create A World. Then, download the new version of Create A World & install the new version."

Maybe I'm just being totally dumb here Confusedmileyembarrassed:but I would've thought that version I downloaded & installed would be the newest version? For info, I have the following Sims 3 software installed:

Sims 3 Commerative Edition

Sims 3 Ambitions

Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff

Any help, advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated as I was very excited about the Create A World facility!! Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5 (2,966 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.39.

Are you on PC or mac ? 

DVD, Origin or Steam ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I've been a total tool & didn't install any updates for my game - it's now up to date & Create A World has launched fine now! Hurrah! Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (2,957 Views)

Hero

Glad it's sovled

-------

Please accept a solution so that people see that this is solved Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having issues trying to load the sims 3 create a world, it comes up with 3 diffent messages. ive tryed to uninstall the game and redownload sims 3, plus removed create a world so so manytimes ive lost count. i did work a while ago when i first got my computer, but when i did a factory reset, removed everything, after that ive neaver managed to get it to work again Frown. same computer, same op system, windows 7. base game is the standard sims 3. bought on steam. but i also installed it on origin and still get the same messages.

the sims 3 game data not found. the sims 3 create a world toll - beta may not function properly

the sims 3 create a world toll - beta has crashed

attempted to read or write protected memory. this often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

the sims 3 cteate a world tool - beta has failed to shut down properly. please end the sims 3 create a world tool - beta useing task manager

thats the first issue,

the sec issue is i just updated my sims 3 useing the origin app thing and now it will not even load and give me an error say check log, but were to i cheak log when it closes as soon as i click ok 

im getting very fed up with sims at the moment, it crashes, its slow, and over priced !!!!

Message 5 of 5 (2,940 Views)