Re: Sims 3 Crashes in Windows 10 (1709) After EA Logo

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashes in Windows 10 (1709) After EA Logo

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The Sims 3 no longer works for me. After updating to the new version of Windows 10 (1709), the game crashes after the EA logo. There's this box before it loads as well like a white windowed border before it loads. The game worked fine before the update. I use bootcamp on my Mac for games so didn't know what the problem could be, whether it's bootcamp or the new Windows update. I uninstalled the Sims and reinstalled, which didn't help at all. I've deleted my Windows partition again and again so did a complete new install in Windows. First time I did it, Windows was also a bit buggy so that seemed to help that. Compatibility mode also did nothing helpful, it made it crash right away instead. I have the Sims 3 on Origin. Is there anything to fix this? Cause everything else seems to be working.

Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Crashes in Windows 10 (1709) After EA Logo

Hero (Retired)

@frost01ch  When you first install and/or reinstall Windows 10, the feature .net framework is disabled in the control panel - programs and features. The game launcher requires .net framework 3.5 to run. The download version of .net framework from Microsoft does NOT work with Windows 10 - you have to use the version that comes with Windows 10. This would be my first guess.

Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)