Re: Sims 3 Crashes On Loading Screen with new save game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashes On Loading Screen with new save game

★★★★ Novice

My sims crashed right before loading a new save game/world. I've tried multiple worlds. Ones that I've downloaded and also ones that come with the base game. What's strange is that it allows me to load my previous save games perfectly fine. I can load into my families without an issue just new save games it wont allow me to.

Message 1 of 12 (550 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CosmoBeanz What version of Windows are you using? Did this game ever work right? If you wait some time does the right game load?

Message 2 of 12 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The version of Windows I have is Windows 10. The version of The Sims 3 I have is 1.69. Basically when I click the button to start a new game and choose a world it loads and once it gets to the point where it’s going to load the world it completely crashes. I also noticed in game for an already saved file. (Like my family) When I click for her to move to a new town she prompts to but then it disappears and she doesn’t move. I have a hunch that it might be the Nraas Travler Mod that’s the newest Mod I added to my game but I haven’t tried yet. @roberta591 

Message 3 of 12 (525 Views)

@CosmoBeanz  NRaas Traveler wouldn't cause this.  It's been around for more than a decade and tested extensively, and an issue like this would have been caught a long time ago.  (For what it's worth, I'm using Traveler right now and don't see this issue at all.)  But there are plenty of other possibilities.

As a test, please try to start a new save in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If the folder copies instead of moving, or you get an error when trying to move it, please let me know.  Otherwise, just see whether you can load a new save.

Please also let me know whether OneDrive is running, even if you don't use it, and how full it is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 12 (500 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict After moving my sims 3 folder to my desktop and reopening it it did make a fresh copy of the sims 3 folder. I was able to load up a new save without any issue. Any idea what it could be within my files?
Message 5 of 12 (481 Views)

@CosmoBeanz  I don't know what the problem is with the old folder, and sometimes it's difficult to tell.  The next step is to copy over your current save (the one where your sim can't travel), but nothing else, and try having your sim travel.  Since you're copying and pasting rather than dragging and dropping the save, you don't need to worry about missing content, although you would of course need to install the world the save takes place in if it's not already available.

If traveling works in the save, add your mods to the new folder and test again, and if everything is still fine, move any other content you want to keep to the new folder and pick up where you left off.  Here's a description of everything in the user folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If you encounter the error again, stop there and let me know what content you just transferred.

Message 6 of 12 (466 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I think it might be something in my mods folder or downloads? As soon as i transferred my mods folder back it couldn’t even load a new save at all. But without my things it was able to load perfectly fine.
Message 7 of 12 (437 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict After I removed the Nraas Travler mod it was able to load perfectly fine. LOL
Message 8 of 12 (427 Views)

@CosmoBeanz  Honestly, that shouldn't be happening.  As I said, Traveler has been tested extensively and is currently used by, literally, thousands if not tens of thousands of players, and as far as I've ever seen, this is not a known issue.  If you add Traveler back, but nothing else, and you delete scriptCache.package, do you run into the same error?

Message 9 of 12 (413 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did forget to delete the script cache file but i did add the traveler mod back into my game.& it actually was able to load a save game. It’s so strange, the only thing i had that i removed was the traveler mod and the Nraas Overwatch
Message 10 of 12 (387 Views)