Sims 3 Content Won't Transfer to New Computer

by RottedGardens82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Content Won't Transfer to New Computer

★ Novice

Hello all! 

Recently I just started to download my Sims 3 on my new computer. However, I am having issues getting all of my purchased DLC from my old computer onto my new one. It was able to transfer over 2 of my DLC's (Generations and Supernatural), however it will not transfer over the 5 other DLC. 

It won't let me put in the product code again and claims that the code is invalid. 

Interestingly enough I booted up my old computer to see if maybe the DLC had somehow got taken off and I found not only the 5 DLC that didn't download I also had my old computer attempting to download the 2 new expacs I had bought on my new computer. 

So I'm not sure why my DLC on my old computer won't transfer over to my new one. They both use the same account. 

Any help would be appreciated Standard smile Cheers!

Message 1 of 3 (1,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Content Won't Transfer to New Computer

@RottedGardens82  Are the five missing packs listed in your Origin game library when you're signed in on your new computer?  Open the library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), find the packs on the list, and see whether you can download them.  If the orange button below a pack says Download, Details, or Play, Origin recognizes that you own that pack.  If the button says Buy Now, it does not.

If you originally registered the packs under a different account, but installed them via disc on your old computer, that could explain why the packs show up on your old computer but not the new one.  Origin does often accept disc-installed packs that aren't registered to the account currently being used, but it wouldn't let someone actually download those packs.

At any rate, if you can't figure out what happened to your packs, or you have a second account that you want merged, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,382 Views)

All Replies

@RottedGardens82  Are the five missing packs listed in your Origin game library when you're signed in on your new computer?  Open the library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), find the packs on the list, and see whether you can download them.  If the orange button below a pack says Download, Details, or Play, Origin recognizes that you own that pack.  If the button says Buy Now, it does not.

If you originally registered the packs under a different account, but installed them via disc on your old computer, that could explain why the packs show up on your old computer but not the new one.  Origin does often accept disc-installed packs that aren't registered to the account currently being used, but it wouldn't let someone actually download those packs.

At any rate, if you can't figure out what happened to your packs, or you have a second account that you want merged, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,383 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much! Thankfully I was able to get a hold of a second, far more helpful, EA customer support rep. I'm not sure what he did but I was able to (somehow?) use my product codes off the inside of the boxes.
Message 3 of 3 (1,378 Views)