Re: Sims 3 CD with no disk drive.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 CD with no disk drive.

★★★ Newbie

If I purchase the physical copy of the sims 3, and my laptop doesn't have a disk drive, can I still keep my cd and register it as a digital download? If so, how?

Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

@itsmeeee4  All disc copies of Sims 3 come with a 20-character code, printed on the back of the insert inside the case, that you need to install the base game or pack.  These codes can also be registered to your Origin account, which will give you the right to download the content directly from Origin, no disc necessary to install or play.  As long as the code hasn't been used, i.e. this is a new sealed disc copy, you should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (306 Views)

All Replies

@itsmeeee4  All disc copies of Sims 3 come with a 20-character code, printed on the back of the insert inside the case, that you need to install the base game or pack.  These codes can also be registered to your Origin account, which will give you the right to download the content directly from Origin, no disc necessary to install or play.  As long as the code hasn't been used, i.e. this is a new sealed disc copy, you should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)