Re: Sims 3 CC won't show up in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 CC won't show up in game

★★★ Novice

I have been trying to download CC into my packages folder. I have tried everything you can imagine to try to make this work. I even uninstalled the sims 3 and reinstalled it. Still no luck. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help me Frown

Message 1 of 3 (528 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Moon_Sugar23  The Mods folder in your first screenshot is inside the Downloads folder, where the game won't read it.  The Mods folder needs to be inside the Sims 3 folder but not in any subfolder beyond that.  So the path to your custom content would be:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

That's only for custom content that comes in .package files though.  If your cc is in .Sims3Pack form, you need to put the files directly into the ...\The Sims 3\Downloads folder, then open the launcher's Downloads tab and install the packs from there.  It's best to install them a few at a time, or only one at a time if a given file is large, say over 100 MB or so, like a custom world would be.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

All Replies

@Moon_Sugar23  The Mods folder in your first screenshot is inside the Downloads folder, where the game won't read it.  The Mods folder needs to be inside the Sims 3 folder but not in any subfolder beyond that.  So the path to your custom content would be:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

That's only for custom content that comes in .package files though.  If your cc is in .Sims3Pack form, you need to put the files directly into the ...\The Sims 3\Downloads folder, then open the launcher's Downloads tab and install the packs from there.  It's best to install them a few at a time, or only one at a time if a given file is large, say over 100 MB or so, like a custom world would be.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much 💕

Message 3 of 3 (500 Views)