Sims 3 Brightning Issue

by NNstine

Original Post

Sims 3 Brightning Issue

★★★ Novice

Earlier this year I had a problem with my Sims 3 crashing when i moved in. I solved it, but the problem is back again. Link to the problem I had: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-crashes-when-moving-into-house/m-p/5387838#M211644

When I fixed that problem my sims started to be realy dim, and it's not as bright as it was before. Now the moving in is a problem again, so i have to deal with two issues now.

The brightning issue has noting to do with settings, I know! I have seen other people with same issue, where people just say you have to turn up the brightness, but it's NOT the solution and it DOESN'T change anything!

The problem has a big role in CAS, where I can't even tell the difference between skincolors, cause they all look tanned due to the brightness issue. When I build houses I have to place lamps everywhere just to see where I'm placing stuff and to be able to tell what color it has. During the day the daylight seems to be just as bright as it is during nighttime in the game.
I feel like I have tried everything to get the game back to the brightness it had before, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone who knows what to do? I really don't want to reinstall my sims 3!

Message 1 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Brightning Issue

Hero (Retired)

@NNstine Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - thank you

Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Brightning Issue

★★★ Novice

I'm using a pc.
Her you have my DxDiag

Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)