Sims 3 Blank Menu Options

by JiminsGotJams

Original Post

Sims 3 Blank Menu Options

★★★ Newbie

So I've spent about 2 hours researching this but nothing has worked.

My game launches fine. The little intro plays and then it takes me to the screen where I choose the area I want to live in and things of that sort except there's a problem. All of the options are blank, I can click the little pull downs but its just blank, the typing that is supposed to be there is gone for some reason. Also when I press the little '+' next to the New Game option, nothing happens. This is the same when I press the check mark at the bottom of the screen Frown

I tried loads of methods to fix this but none of them have worked for me. I'm not apposed to uninstalling my game and reinstalling but it just takes a long time because my internet is crappy.

If someone could help that would be really appreciated Standard smile

(BTW this is my first time opening the game so I don't have any save files as I haven't been able to play yet)

Message 1 of 2 (508 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Blank Menu Options

@JiminsGotJams  That's very strange.  What language did you install the game in, and what kind of install is it?  (Origin, Steam, disc, etc.)  The New Game button may not be broken—it's supposed to bring up the dropdown menu you're already seeing, as opposed to the list of existing saves you'd see if you had any.  The check mark should work though, even if you don't select a new world to play.

At any rate, let me know about the type of install, and whether you've tried to manually patch the game at any point.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (496 Views)