Re: Sims 3: Black screen, stutters and lines.

by KainsGirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3: Black screen, stutters and lines.

★★ Novice
I d/l and installed Sims 3, all the expansions and stuff packs. Added stuff I wanted from my purchase history. Played all day Saturday and Sunday. This morning the game started to stutter. I thought it was the snow. I restarted the game. First time a black screen but I could still hear the game. I couldn't get to my desktop or task manager so I had to crash it. The second time I got a screen full of bright lines then the game starts to get stuck and you can hear it skipping and it freezes and I have to crash it again. Sims 3 is the only game that does this. Guild Wars 2, Aion, Entropia Universe and Skyrim are fine, they run flawlessly. So what is the problem with Sims 3? Another note to add: It would get all the way to loading the family and as soon as I click on a action it goes black, last time I tried it went black on the loading screen for Island. My specs are i7 Intel core, GeForce GTX 950, 680w psu, 16gb ram and 1tb hybrid hd. The whole system was just built.
Message 1 of 4 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@KainsGirl

Can you right click on the game in Origin and then Repair Game and then retry.

A couple more steps that may help:

Let us know if any of these help you, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (741 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@KainsGirl

Can you right click on the game in Origin and then Repair Game and then retry.

A couple more steps that may help:

Let us know if any of these help you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (742 Views)

★★ Novice
I did the repair in Origin and it seems to be working now. I get some leg in build more but it goes away once back in live more. Thank you for your assistance.
Message 3 of 4 (675 Views)

Community Manager

@KainsGirl

You are welcome, thanks for letting us know that worked for you Standard smile

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (668 Views)