Sims 3 Black Screen after Launch

by weirdicat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Black Screen after Launch

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I know there are a million cases similar to mine but I've look through all of the forum posts and I've tried all the solutions that have been suggested in those

My Sims 3 game won't load after I click play in the launcher, it stays stuck on a black screen and I can't even use Task Manager to close the game I always have to log out of my profile on my computer in order for it to close. It really started suddenly, this morning I was testing out lighting mods so I kept entering and exiting the game, then once I finally decided on a lighting mod, I tried to start up my game and this issue began.

I have already restarted my computer about 5 times, I have tried the soft user reset with deleting the Sims 3 folder from the Electronic Arts folder - It worked except when I added in my mods folder, so naturally I thought that it was a mod causing it to act up. I deleted all of my most recently added mods, and it reverted back to the black screen when loading the game. So it's very confusing because if it's not a mod, but it works when I delete the Sims 3 folder then what could it possibly mean?

I have attached my dxdiag thing to my post, don't tell me that my computer is unfit to run Sims as I have played Sims 3 on my current laptop for about a year now with no problems until this issue occurred today.

Message 1 of 2 (1,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Black Screen after Launch

@weirdicat  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can put Origin in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable before launching.  Please test with another clean folder, and do it a few times (you can quit to the Main Menu) to see whether anything changes.  I'm not suggesting you play like this all the time, just that it's a useful test.

Whatever people think of your hardware, it's certainly not too weak to even load the game..  If you're satisfied with how Sims 3 runs on your computer, then by all means keep playing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,293 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 Black Screen after Launch

@weirdicat  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can put Origin in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable before launching.  Please test with another clean folder, and do it a few times (you can quit to the Main Menu) to see whether anything changes.  I'm not suggesting you play like this all the time, just that it's a useful test.

Whatever people think of your hardware, it's certainly not too weak to even load the game..  If you're satisfied with how Sims 3 runs on your computer, then by all means keep playing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,294 Views)