Sims 3 Barnacle Bay (HELP!)

by 5150SpitFire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Barnacle Bay (HELP!)

★★★★★ Newbie

I purchased The Sims 3 Barnacle Bay world a couple weeks ago using SimPoints and it's not showing up in my purchase history. I contacted EA Live Chat who told me to post my problem on here so, that is what I'm doing. As you can see from the attachment below I can download BB from the Worlds tab, but I cannot from my purchase history and it was a lot of SimPoints and I'd like proof of purchase of it. Every other item I've purchased through the store shows up in my history, except that one. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

5150SpitFire Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (1,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Barnacle Bay (HELP!)

@5150SpitFire  You can try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  But if Barnacle Bay is in fact not listed in your purchase history, there's nothing you or anyone here can do to fix it.  The only solution would be for an EA customer support rep to remove the world and put it back on your account.

The issue may be that Barnacle Bay is treated differently than other worlds.  Some time ago, it was offered for free to many players, although perhaps not all of them.  I never bought it, but I see the same thing as you do: I can download it from its product page, but it's not in my purchase history.  So perhaps the way that BB is handled by the store means it doesn't show up in anyone's purchase history anymore.

If you're worried about losing access to it later, you can save the downloaded Sims3Pack file elsewhere on your computer for later reinstall.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, find "BarnacleBayDDSet.Sims3Pack, and copy or drag it elsewhere on your computer.  (If it's called something else, that would be interesting—that's what my download from a year ago looks like.)  You'll be able to put it back in that same Downloads folder later and reinstall it whenever you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,204 Views)

All Replies

@5150SpitFire  You can try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  But if Barnacle Bay is in fact not listed in your purchase history, there's nothing you or anyone here can do to fix it.  The only solution would be for an EA customer support rep to remove the world and put it back on your account.

The issue may be that Barnacle Bay is treated differently than other worlds.  Some time ago, it was offered for free to many players, although perhaps not all of them.  I never bought it, but I see the same thing as you do: I can download it from its product page, but it's not in my purchase history.  So perhaps the way that BB is handled by the store means it doesn't show up in anyone's purchase history anymore.

If you're worried about losing access to it later, you can save the downloaded Sims3Pack file elsewhere on your computer for later reinstall.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, find "BarnacleBayDDSet.Sims3Pack, and copy or drag it elsewhere on your computer.  (If it's called something else, that would be interesting—that's what my download from a year ago looks like.)  You'll be able to put it back in that same Downloads folder later and reinstall it whenever you want.

Message 2 of 5 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict: Thank you very much! Wink

Message 3 of 5 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also  bought this a and now they say i have to buy then

Spoiler
Teeth bared

nd got proof , i have the game .i went on holiday fore 7 weeks and now its gone i have every single game.

Message 4 of 5 (970 Views)

@belindaglover  Is this only true for Barnacle Bay, or are you missing other store content as well?  Do you see Barnacle Bay in your store purchase history?  Click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, and if the page takes more than a few seconds to load, click Reload in your browser window.  This can take a few tries.

Message 5 of 5 (958 Views)