Re: Sims 3 Ambitions: Firefighter won't go to fires

by ScottDemon

Original Post

Sims 3 Ambitions: Firefighter won't go to fires

★★ Apprentice

I recently installed the ambitions expansion pack. I already have late night, university life and island paradise. My sim joined the fire fighter career but I noticed that no car or anything came to pick my sim up for work so I had to manually make my sim go to the fire station, the second day my sim wouldn't go to work so I changed the work outfit and then she went to work, the third day a car came to pick my sim up and she went to work. My sim can do things like upgrade and maintain the firetruck and alarms. There is only ever one other sim at the firestation but my sim has met other people around town who are firefighters but don't come to work. My sim lives in the town that came with ambitions and I have no mods.

However, the main problem is that my sim can't go to any fires. The fire alarm rings once a day and everytime it does I try to make my sim respond to the fire but she doesn't. I have tried clicking on the firetruck, the fire alarms and the house where the fire is on the map but everytime nothing happens, the alarms stop ringing and if I go on the map, the fire is no longer there.

My sim is still a 'watergirl' and can't level up because she's already mastered handiness and athletic, and she cannot respond to fires. It looks like this has been a problem for a long time, is there a solution yet? I would prefer not to reinstall, and I don't really want any mods.

Message 1 of 13 (7,884 Views)

Hero (Retired)

one thing i did notice with the firestation that is in the game i was having a heck of a time with my firefighters too BUT i went into edit town clicked on the firehouse build/buy and did find  this out the fire engine is too far back in the building on it's parking spot  i assume that whoever built the station used mOops to place the engine on the parking spot i moved the parking spot forward a few squares and placed the fire engine back on it you may want to consider building your own firestation lot and see how that goes , no idea if this will help you but just to let you know your not the only one having this issue

Message 2 of 13 (7,871 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem but with mine there no other firefighters execept my sims or another from my house hold also i check with ea they said it's a bug and they are working on it

Message 3 of 13 (7,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That bug has been around since the very beginning don't expect EA to fix it.

Those canceled Fire alerts is a known bug that happens when a house sits on a foundation and Twinbrook if I read right is where your at almost all those houses have foundations.

Message 4 of 13 (7,774 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well when i got expation pack with the firefight in it work just find and the other day last week two of them showed up

Message 5 of 13 (7,762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ea just come out with a new patch called the super patcher, it's an upgrade from the super patch

Message 6 of 13 (7,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The Super Patcher has been around for nearly 2 years.

It is not something they just came out with. And as for the fires the bug doesn't affect all of them only the small ones that have houses with foundations.

Message 7 of 13 (7,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

And just so you know the last Patch to come out was 1.67 which was in 1/24/2014 also known as the Super Patch/Super Patcher
The Super Patch is the one you get from the Game Launcher the Super Patcher is a self-executing program used for those whose Game Launchers aren't working correctly.
There is no difference between the 2 they are the exact same Patch. I don't know who has been telling you otherwise but they lied to you.

Message 8 of 13 (7,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Ever since I installed ambitions I can't see flames anymore.. so my sim is basically screaming at nothing waiting for the fire department to put it out...

Message 9 of 13 (7,439 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ? Especially outdated fx mods can have that effect

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (7,419 Views)