Sims 3 Ambitions - Architectural Design bug?

by leelokyi

Original Post

Sims 3 Ambitions - Architectural Design bug?

★ Novice

The guy in my family is working as an architect - everythin was working fine until the 3rd or 4th house. Whatever I buy wouldn't be counted and checked off the list.

It required a bed and a dresser, but when I bought them the boxes remained unchecked. So I sold the bed and the dresser, and I tried leaving build mode, and I saw that the requirements have turned negative? (ie -1/1 beds)

Does anyone have the same problem?

Message 1 of 10 (5,229 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Ambitions - Architectural Design bug?

Community Manager

Is this only happening for this one job?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 10 (5,214 Views)

★ Novice

Not too sure, I haven't been playing for a while and this was the first profession I tried.

Message 3 of 10 (5,211 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i dunno but do you have more than one redesiging job going on at the same time ? or cancel that job and see if another one will work ok , probs best to take on one job at a time and not accept 2/3 or more lined up for you there are some jobs in the game i gave up on due to glitches with them the fire fighter and the ghostbuster ones

Message 4 of 10 (5,206 Views)

★ Novice

I didnt have more than one at the same time. I did try with another job, but it wouldn't work either.

Did you have the same problem with the firfighter and ghostbuster professions?

Message 5 of 10 (5,199 Views)

Hero (Retired)

uhuh had one which was  for the firefighter sim responded to fire but and couldn't find one the sim who was supposed to be rescued, and the ghostbuster i was supposed to deal with an angry ghost invasion and it would cancel out one of my funniest ones was with the stylist career i'm doing  the job a stylist and am at a point of getting calls to visit clients for the makeover i get a call go to the house and i cannot find the sim i wa supposed to style i'm clicking on each sim that was in the house to match the name i spotted a cat in the house and one of those  moments nah it couldn't be...could it ? it was the cat and there was no way to do the job so i had to cancel it...now having said all that i've not tried the careers since about 8th months  so i don't if it's  still bugged or if it bugs with some games playing  and not others

so i'm not sure weather you should save your sim to the libiary and start a new a game then place the sim into a house in your new game and see if the job works for them again

Message 6 of 10 (5,192 Views)

★ Novice

Seems to have quite a number of bugs... I'll try it out again next time, but it's really incredibly fustrating to have bugs appearing everywhere while playinng the game.

Message 7 of 10 (5,188 Views)

★★ Novice

Did anyone figure this out? It uses my money from my family inventory instead of the budget of the client and it doesn't count any of the items Ive added. I've copied the sim and started the game over twice and the same thing keeps happening. It works fine for the first job and then all the jobs after that have the same problems.

Message 8 of 10 (4,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue! so frustraiting!

Message 9 of 10 (4,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, i had this problem too but on painting, and i solved it.

just enter to the "edit town" mode and save the current sims to the library, then exit to main menu and start a new game.

then choose "move in household",and pick your saved sims and move it to a house or a lot(if you saved them with the house).

ps

you will have to buy the lot/house with your money

or simply cheat

Message 10 of 10 (1,528 Views)