Re: Sims 3 64-bit update

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 64-bit update

★ Novice

I have just updated to Sims 3 64-bit and when i go to launch it says "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher". My origin says it does not need updated.I have macOS big sur. I tried to download a super patcher but it didn't seem to work. Can someone please help me. 

Message 1 of 6 (553 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@callumfinnie18  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag.

The Super Patch is only designed to work on the 32-bit version of Sims 3, and I'm not sure it would even run in a 64-bit-only environment.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (534 Views)

★ Novice

Ah that explains. Do you have any idea why it won't launch?

Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (524 Views)

@callumfinnie18  Do you mean why Sims 3 won't launch?  I don't know why the presence of Version.tag prevents it from working—the game should be able to overwrite that file—but deleting it is simple enough.

If you've deleted Version.tag and you still can't play, please let me know what happens when you try.

Message 4 of 6 (513 Views)

★ Novice

I am unsure what Version.tag is. I have tried looking for it but can't seem to find it.

Message 5 of 6 (507 Views)

@callumfinnie18  Version.tag is the file I mentioned in the first post as the cause of your particular error.  It won't turn up in a search; you need to manually open the folders described: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

If you can't find the file, please open Applications > Utilities, launch Terminal, and copy and paste this:

find / -name "Version.tag" 2>/dev/null

then enter.  The command may take a few minutes to run, depending on the speed of your hard drive and how much data it contains.  When it's done, it will list any copies of Version.tag it finds, including the full file path.

If you're still having trouble finding the file, please copy and paste Terminal's results into a post.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but please leave everything else intact.

Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)