Re: Simpoints Purchase Issue

by roberta591

Original Post

Simpoints Purchase Issue

★★ Apprentice

I want to buy simpoints from origin but it says I need some $20 starter pack. I already have all of the games and expansions I shouldn't have to re buy them to get points. This is a really * move ea.

Message 1 of 7 (554 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Panda14616  Do you have the base game redeemed in Origin?

Message 2 of 7 (552 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I purchased all my games using steam.

Message 3 of 7 (537 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Panda14616  Origin will not recognize the Steam install. You need the base game in Origin to buy expansion packs and points through Origin.

Message 4 of 7 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Did you register your games at the sims3.com site? You can find the keys in your steam library. Right click on the sims on the left side and choose cd key!

Message 5 of 7 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes all of my games are registered on the sims 3 website. I do not want to also should not have to buy these games again. If I purchase the cards from the store do I still need to register with origin?

Message 6 of 7 (479 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Panda14616  If you can login to thesims3.com that login and password should work in Origin. To buy sim points you have to have a base game registered in Origin and if you registered the base game in thesims3.com it may automatically shop in Origin as the accounts sync (most of the time). It may take some time for the data to sync. After the base game is in Origin you should be able to be sim points.

Message 7 of 7 (462 Views)