Sim3 Crash from time to time, With no error Message on Screen

by LeoSalinas73

Original Post

Sim3 Crash from time to time, With no error Message on Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sims 3 Crash for unknown Reasons

I have all sims 3 original Expansions and all Stuff 

Installed the game and updated with ORIGIN Online installation (New one, fully updated and review and repair it with ORIGIN)

Before the game been used.

Yes i do have CC all of them previously Inspected by TSR before download

Game Crash with ot without CC (So the CC is not the problem)

I Have a custom made personal computer (Gaming PC)

DXDIAG report attached, Fully updated Drivers , included from Intel , NVIDIA and Motherboard Manufacturer (ASUS)

Etc,etc, etc

Attached DXDIAG NEW REPORT

Attached Last Crash Report from Report.wer, File copied to a TXT to be able to upload it here

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions

Update information for your knowledge 

I'm running the game right now since more than 30 minutes ago without any crash

Things i change before this post and before running the game

I read in another post, to close the Windows Cloud Service, i close it before start the game

I start the game and change the next parameters in Task Manager (Windows 10)

Task Manager Sims 3 Details, Set Priority : From normal to Real time 

Virtualization UAC:  From Disabled to Enabled

Until now the game is running fine, Im worried since , most probably the crash are from the old memory problem

when game starts was under 2gb now is almost 3gb

I change the log where the memory is configured, from 2Gb to 8gb

I'm not sure if that will work, also i have to manually configure the deteccion of my Graphic Card since the GTX 1080 is not in the list

I change also the information about Graphics card so the game can detect it.

Forget to mention im running also 2 Mods 

NRaas Error Trap 

NRaas Overwatch 

They do their job removing cars, helping sims that are stuck somewhere, and a lot of other things that make the game very hard to play without them

Message 1 of 14 (1,047 Views)

Re: Sim3 Crash from time to time, With no error Message on Screen

@LeoSalinas73  The first and simplest test is to remove your entire Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts; you can just put it on your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean game folder with no content.  Start a new save, and test Create a Sim, Build/Buy modes, and live play to see whether you get a crash.

Please also check your in-game frame rates.  Your graphics card is powerful enough to generate very high fps, and Sims 3's built in fps limiter doesn't work.  High frame rates alone can sometimes cause crashing, even when everything else works as it should.  To see your fps, open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C) and enter "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner of your screen, and it should never go above 60, which is the refresh rate of your monitor.  If it's much higher, let me know, and I can post instructions for manually limiting it.

If Sims 3 still crashes in the clean game folder, and your fps isn't the problem, then the next step is to reinstall a Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable, specifically the 2005 x86 version.  You can uninstall the one you have and download a new copy from Microsoft.  Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen, select Settings > Apps, scroll to where the file is listed (be sure to get the 2005 x86 version), and uninstall.  Then download a new copy from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

(This download includes all versions of the 2005 VC++, but you only need to run vcredist_x86.exe.)

Let me know if none of this helps, and we can move onto more complicated steps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (1,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ok i just read your post , i have the game on pause and the frame rate is almost 180 , without moving anything, when i move the mouse to look somewhere else, it go down fast , but it jump again when i dont move it, it goes as this, most low FPS 29 and it jump very fast to over 60
Message 3 of 14 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank for your answer, A quick story about this "Problem"
I have sim3 since the game was launched, then every time a new expansion, World, Stuff came out i buy it, so you can guess how much i love this game, i have it with all original Disc Imported from the USA to my Country, since many of this was never available to purchase here LOL.

Ok i have another computer that was "Not good enough" for the game, so i don't use the game for years, then i was able to purchase this PC i have now, then i install the game, like you mention before, Clean Install, without any CC everything new from ORIGIN, game crash no matter what.

So i look into the web, and read several things similar happend to many people, then i install the Mods Nraas Error Trap and Nraas Overwatch that allow me to run the game for hours and hours before something happens, I get very frustrated "Again" when the crash stars again, and now more often than usual, (from hours to minutes)

When i read one of your post, i start to act again.

I close the windows Cloud , i have it all the time active, so now is closed
So far no crash

I'm not an computer expert but i'm not a novice either, so i think i can change also the parameters in the task manager to make the sims 3 to be running "In real time" and not in normal as windows by default make it to be running.

Also i notice that by default it was set to UAC Virtualization was set DISABLED, so i turn it on to Enabled, seems like all this is working, i will let you know later, im still running the game

NOTICE: i set in the game the frame rate to be 60 it is running now at 60 as you mention

Message 4 of 14 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK here is now another print screen with bigger letters and numbers so you can review the version of the Microsoft Visual CC

Message 5 of 14 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I want to add as soon i change the default set of Normal Priority set to Real Time the game runs more faster than before, just to let you know
Message 6 of 14 (1,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Also a bad news here, the Ingame set to FPS to 60 is not working anymore, the game runs over 60 even it reach sometimes 200 FPS
Message 7 of 14 (1,001 Views)

@LeoSalinas73  If your framerates are going too high, then you should address that before anything else.  The first tool to use for an Nvidia card is the built-in Control Panel: right-click on the desktop to open it.  Here's a screenshot of the settings you want to change, under the spoiler:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16540301/#Comment_16540301

Since you have an Origin install, be sure to use TS3.exe, not TS3W.exe, to set up the profile for the game.

Control Panel only works when you play in fullscreen mode.  If you like to use windowed mode, or if CP doesn't keep your fps down, the next app to try is Nvidia Inspector (free download).  You'll need to explicitly cap fps at 60; you can also try 59 or 61 if 60 doesn't work.  There's a screenshot for Inspector in the link above, under the second spoiler.

And please keep testing in a clean game folder, with nothing else added to it.  That makes it easier to eliminate other potential sources of the crashes.

Message 8 of 14 (985 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello again an update, yesterday i was able to use the game for several hours without any problem, I make what you suggest and keep the FPS at 60 top with the Nvidia control panel without the necessity to install the others you suggest, the game for 1st time in years run smoothly.

I'm not sure if i understand well what we just did, the difference now are:

Game is set to have a real time Priority in the task manager and also i activate UAC virtualization and also Cloud is set off prior the start of the game, for the rest im still running my Old folder, with the mods i mention before, until now no crash, i will keep you posted and thanks for the help
Message 9 of 14 (945 Views)

@LeoSalinas73  It sounds like the problem was your fps then.  Strong cards like yours can easily overwork when running TS3, and that alone could cause all the crashing you describe.

If you have more problems, feel free to post back, but the fps limiter might be all you needed to fix the issue.

Message 10 of 14 (936 Views)