Sim wouldn't die of starvation (Might not be a bug)

by lyricpook

Original Post

Sim wouldn't die of starvation (Might not be a bug)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I Don't even know if it's a bug, but it happens when sims have their hunger low enough to die via starving.
What happens when the bug occurs? I Asked this question on the original forums, but nobody knew what happened. Here is my original post from the forums: "Okay so i know i'm not a new member, but i don't want to flood the forums with posts about bugs i have had. Plus i couldn't find anything about this bug, if it even is a bug. Anyways so i made a save game based on one of my favorite video games. I Filled Newcrest with lots based on the locations of that video game, including residential lots i planned to turn into generic lots after use. I Planned to move sims from the main home, to the lot i was using, and back to the main home after use, turning the ones i was using into generic lots. Welp, plum me forgot the game would get rid of all the furniture in the home after moving them out. facepalm So then i though What if i add an extra sim to the household and kill them off after moving everyone into the main house? That should work! So i tried. I'm lazy so i tried using the insta kill mod, but it wasn't working. That's not the issue i'm reporting though. I Also have the UI extension cheats mod (fully updated), so i tried both clicking on the hunger need as far as it could go, and right clicking the need and changing the stat to -100. The problem is that both times, the sim didn't die, he had a "Hunger failure". He panicked, pulled out a random food item (despite not having any food in his inventory) and ate it. Is the game supposed to do it? Did they remove death by hunger? I'm gonna try to use the fullhouse cheat to move the sim but i'm wondering if he was supposed to not die. Also he has no hidden traits (like Isweirdo) that would prevent him from death, but even if he did they fixed that bug in this patch."
What do you expect to see? I Mean, it happened when my sim wouldn't die so i expected the sim to die..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I Do not have any screenshots or videos.

Message 1 of 6 (6,245 Views)

Re: Sim wouldn't die of starvation (Might not be a bug)

★★ Apprentice

Oh, and i apologize for the long post.

Message 2 of 6 (6,238 Views)

Hero

Since your using a mod to do this, this might not be a valid bug report as all issues must be tested on a vanilla game.

That said, I know this was an issue when the game came first out but it was then fixed. I could be that it's still faulty if you resort to cheating OR the bug could be back.

Best is to test the regular way-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (6,214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I did actually have this glitch back when I discovered the aging glitch (so grateful the gurus patched that). The sim may have a hidden trait, such as repairman, or the is_Weirdo trait. IF so, a possible fix would be open testing cheats while sim is selected and remove the trait. (remove mods before attempting fixing. just in case there's interference there). Hope that helps - good luck! And, always, happy simming!

Message 4 of 6 (6,193 Views)

Hero

Hi @lyricpook

do you still have that issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (6,134 Views)

Hero

Tagging  @lyricpook for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (6,062 Views)