by Cher151

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim wont eat,drink,pee,etc when i tell them to

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 4 expansion pacts, vampire,outdoor retreat, and dine out game packs, and romantic garden stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just get on my first sim and she wont eat, pee, etc when i tell her too. the command bubble shows up but it cancels out after a couple of seconds as if theres something in the way of her eating the food,etc but she is literally standing right in front of it so idk whats going on hopefully you guys will experience the same bug. i noticed it occurred after the latest patch
What happens when the bug occurs? The bubble in the task que shows up for a second then cancels so i cant fulfill my sims needs
What do you expect to see? i expect my sim to allow me to help her fulfill her needs without her just doing them on her own and me watching
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

after temporarily removing my cc the issue seemed to resolve itself

perhaps the newest patch broke some stuff?

Message 1 of 8 (3,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim wont eat,drink,pee,etc when i tell them to

Champion (Retired)

@Lusarusrex

Yes, this sounds like a broken mod issue.

You'll have to add the cc some at a time to find out which ones are working.
What you could try first is to try with all cc but remove any other mods you might have that change the game, anything from new foods to traits etc. They usually have a bigger impact, but clothing can also break the game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,720 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Lusarusrex

Yes, this sounds like a broken mod issue.

You'll have to add the cc some at a time to find out which ones are working.
What you could try first is to try with all cc but remove any other mods you might have that change the game, anything from new foods to traits etc. They usually have a bigger impact, but clothing can also break the game.

Message 2 of 8 (3,721 Views)

★ Novice

sorry for never replying!

Yes this was a broken mod issue, and it has since resolved itself with the new Sims4 updates Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue, but mine is with my babies only, but all babies. They will not eat, pee or cry. They do nothing, but sleep occasionally and it's been since the update. I deleted all my mods at that time or updated them. My regular Sims are eating fine. Isn't it kind of odd that it's only my babies? Any help would be great. Thank You!

Message 4 of 8 (3,556 Views)

Hero

Hi @Cher151

have your babies been put into the family inventory at some point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,548 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, but I did delete 2 recent mods that I had added and it seemed to fix it. It was so nice to hear the babies crying again. Thank you!  😁

Spoiler

Message 6 of 8 (3,535 Views)

★ Novice

my sim char suddenly quits moving around, wont pee or eat  or take care of her baby. 

no CC, just basic game. running for 2 hrs then this, maybe computer too clogged?

Message 7 of 8 (3,426 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@fireflyfree311 

Try using this solution for your Sim:

How to Reset a Stuck Sim

- B

Message 8 of 8 (3,424 Views)