Re: Sim won't use a specific door?

by _oh_my_frick_

Original Post

Sim won't use a specific door?

★★ Novice

My sims are constantly getting stuck in the bathroom. They will walk in, and be unable to walk out of the door. The only way to fix it is to delete and repurchase the door. However, it only will work once, and my sim will then get stuck the next time they use the bathroom. How can I fix this issue? I've reset the sim that's currently stuck and the door itself, but nothing is working. 

Message 1 of 17 (10,162 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I've also made sure that the door is unlocked for everyone. Didn't help at all.

Message 2 of 17 (10,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@_oh_my_frick_ Do you have Mods &/or CC? Can you please provide a screenshot? Also, did you or another player make the house and is it possible that items in the area may have been placed using the moo (move objects on) cheat &/or that have been enlarged or dragged holding down alt? These factors sometimes come into play in a case like this. I will look for your further clarifications and information.

Gallery ID: SheriGR
I play on Mac with aging off, never use Mods or CC, & have played since Sims 1.
I own all packs, run updates immediately, backup daily, & build ...a lot.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 17 (10,137 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no mods, but I do use CC to customize my sims appearances. I've had them for a while and never run into an issue with them. I have also already tried deleting the door, turning off the MOO cheat, and then repurchasing it. Nothing. The house wasn't from the gallery or anything, it was an in-game house that I purchased. I hope this helps a bit?

Message 4 of 17 (10,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@_oh_my_frick_ That is helpful... but whether you have turned off moo has no effect on whether or not something placed using moo or enlarging (or dragging the object with alt held) is obstructing the use of something for the sim. It may be less likely that this is the case since the sims can enter the bathroom, but not necessarily so. Can you please try the following:

• Please reconstruct the entire bathroom with moo not enabled. if the issue is still there please also re-construct the adjoining area and see if the issue is fixed. If these measures do not fix the issue ....
  • .... then the next thing to try is the following:
    * Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
    * Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also

The CC may or may not be the issue (this is why you can try the first part first), but please remember that Mods and CC both use code, and code does not need to be script code in order to interfere with game code. Sometimes this suddenly happens when there is a game update or patch that is no longer compatible with the CC or Mod. When this happens your game can become glitchy/buggy and secondary damages to the game's codes can even occur that will not be removed by just removing the Mod/CC. Some Mod/CC makers will create and provide a new version that has been modified to be compatible with the new game codes, but many Mod/CC makers and users do not maintain this chain of updating/adjusting to keep a once well-functioning Mod/CC working properly.

Can I also clarify something... Is this an in-game home/lot (one that you did not download or edit that was in the game when you started)? If so, can you tell me which 'world', which lot/home, and which bathroom is causing the issue? Thank you!

Message 5 of 17 (10,127 Views)

Keep getting locked in the bathroom (Sims 4)

★ Novice

This is happening too often, I'll be doing my business in the bathroom, shower, toilet, mirror, etc.  and decide to do something else and I can't leave the bathroom.  I lock and unlock the door and no go.  The only way to get out is to travel somewhere and come back.  Is there a fix for this?

Message 6 of 17 (10,168 Views)

Re: Keep getting locked in the bathroom (Sims 4)

@Vardeman  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 17 (10,152 Views)

★ Novice
Message 8 of 17 (10,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Vardeman Hello! Can I please clarify & have you try a few things?

• Please re-trace the bathroom and any adjoining rooms: https://youtu.be/rx__MGVGMnc
  • Please delete the bathroom door and items near the door (inside the bathroom and outside of the bathroom). Turn off moo if you have it on, save, and exit your game. Restart your game. When you replace the items and door make sure that moo is off and then place them where they snap to without dragging any items holding the alt key. Doors occasionally become buggy, especially if you lock them to anyone. Don't lock the new door to anyone. Do not enlarge any items near the bathroom. Test and see if your sim can freely use/enter and leave the bathroom now.
  • Do you have Mods or CC?
  • Is this an in-game home/lot (one that you did not download or edit that was in the game when you started)? If so, can you tell me which 'world', which lot/home, and which bathroom is causing the issue? Thank you!

Please let us know if this helps. If it does not I would like you to create a bug report. I am also going to recommend this post be merged with another previous post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sim-won-t-use-a-specific-door/m-p/8044142#M147018

Message 9 of 17 (10,116 Views)

@_oh_my_frick_ and @Vardeman  I've merged your threads, since they're about the same issue, as @SheriGR pointed out.  Since this may be a more widespread issue, it would be very helpful if you could let her know whether any of her suggestions helped.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 17 (10,088 Views)