Re: Sim won't sleep

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim won't sleep

★★★★ Novice

The game was running just fine a few days ago, but now (around a week not playing the game) when I play, my sim can't sleep or nap, he lays down on the bed or couch and the just wakes right up. I've already reset the sim and replaced the bed but with no results (This specific sim belonged to a household I created when I started playing, but splited after and saved him to the library, in case it matters). Please, does any other player has this bug or knows how to fix it?

Message 1 of 20 (474,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try going travelling and if that doesn't help, move the Sim out and back in via manage world.

Re-Cheat any money you need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (485,833 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try going travelling and if that doesn't help, move the Sim out and back in via manage world.

Re-Cheat any money you need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (485,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The traveling didn't help, but the moving did the trick

Message 3 of 20 (474,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that its often music or the tv going

Message 4 of 20 (474,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried the moving and traveling and it still doesn't work.I don't know what to do
Message 5 of 20 (470,463 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ? If so, try removing them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (470,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This occurs for me on all pre-made houses by Maxis.

Sim's won't interact with a bed unless the whole lot is made by the player.

So, interacting with the bed is possible on non-Default lots but not possible on Default ones, whether you re-move back in or not.

I use mods, especially ones which heavily customize the game - but if it would a mod Problem I think the beds in General would stop working.

Figured it somehow out:

Could have been one of These mods:

• Woohoo is exercise  
  • Teen Delivery - Teens Can Now Choose WHERE to Have a Baby
  • Woohoo Acceptance Anims Replaced

It seems to be caused by mods which Change the animations when interacting with beds.

Now it's the fridge my sims won't use because something is in the way :/

EDIT (crin): Replaced Mod Links with mod names. Please do not link mods at AHQ

Message 7 of 20 (468,572 Views)

★ Guide
There is probably a stereo or tv on within earshot. Sims can't sleep with a stereo on in the room. It's annoying because the game turns it automatically on much too much! Also, butlers turn it on, but they don't turn it off!
Message 8 of 20 (451,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I saved and exited and came back in. That seemed to solve the problem. None of the other options seemed to work for me.

Message 9 of 20 (441,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Going into Change Sim worked for me. I changed one of her outfits as soon as I came out she went straight to bed herself. 

Message 10 of 20 (438,897 Views)