Sim won't got to university class or work

by HeatherHelene

Original Post

Highlighted

Sim won't got to university class or work

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I'm fairly new to this game- Been playing only a couple of months and this is my first time posting here. If I am missing any required information, please let me know.

Note: I do not have any mods installed. I have some CC. my PC is definitely below spec (but this has only ever caused the game to be insanely slow in live mode),

I currently have the following installed: island living, city living, outdoor retreat, dine out, realm of magic, spooky stuff, tiny living, movie night, moschino stuff & laundry day.

After the latest update, I am having an issue with one of my Sims not going to university or work. I would click go to class and she'd grab her notebook and just stand there. It would say I was late and ask if I wanted to skip class yet somehow- the game behaved as though she had went- homework would reset and she finished the semester with straight A's. She even graduated and then I put her in the private attorney career and now she will not go to work. She can work from home though.

I read some people said it could be an issue with her work outfit but other than doing sims.modify_career_outfits_in_cas, I can't even get to her work wear (not by using a dresser, not by clicking change outfits) so if this is the issue I have no idea how to fix it. I tried the cheat and changed her outfit but it didn't help.  I also debugged her.

In addition, I can't fulfill her at home work needs like guest speak at a lecture because the option never comes up. No matter how long I wait outside of both buildings in Britechester so I am guessing there are some issues with University atm?

I had 3 other sims in university, in the same household at the same time as her. They also had issues but more minor- One had her final exam in the middle of the week and then all 3 somehow managed to skip a semester. They went from needing 6 classes to graduate to suddenly only needing 3. Still, they were able to go to class. I have just started their careers so I am not sure if there are any issues sending them to work yet.

Message 1 of 10 (655 Views)

Re: Sim won't got to university class or work

Hero
@HeatherHelene Did you have any issues with Error 134 or 109 on that save before the hotfix ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (623 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure? I assume if there was an error there would be some kind of error code? I am super new to online gaming in general ha. 

I never had any errors pop up before or after the update. For the first few days I was playing in build mode and everything seemed fine. Only yesterday did I notice the issue.

Message 3 of 10 (616 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also. This is my current PC. I think it just barely meets minimum specs but it's what I have for now, until I can upgrade later this year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6ZIBNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Message 4 of 10 (612 Views)

Hero
@HeatherHelene Yes, you would have been booted back to the map and seen an error called: Failed to load, Error code blabl.

You would know if you had it.

It's not a computer issue.

Have you been using any custom careers ? Is your Sim showing greyed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (605 Views)

★★★ Novice

Custom careers as in modded? No, I am only using careers from base game or that came with packs like city living and moschino etc. 

My sim was greyed out when she was on campus and I was playing with my sims in their home lot but I think this is normal, except I was not able to do anything with her. I could not bring her home or have her care for self etc. She was just stuck. 

When I was playing as her at university, the same happened to the rest of my household. I couldn't click any of them to say bring here etc. 

Eventually I went to manage worlds and then clicked on their house again and she suddenly popped up. 

Message 6 of 10 (599 Views)

Hero
@HeatherHelene

Yes, modded careers

What I meant is greyed out while you were playing them like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-Icon-greyed-out-no-at-work-symbol/td-p/9207...

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (584 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah okay, then no- they are not greyed out. My laptop is not at my current location so I will send the save file later

Message 8 of 10 (582 Views)

Hero
@HeatherHelene OK. No rush :D

There def something strange going on with going to work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (549 Views)

★★ Novice

Agreed! I'm a newby, and only have DO and GTW expansions and the DO has been terrible the last two weeks--- NPCs not showing up to work, no customers, and the customers that do show up leave within the first few minutes--usually before their order has been taken.What is going on?!

Message 10 of 10 (448 Views)