by xdreamofmusicx

Original Post

Re: Sim won't go to work

★★ Novice
OMG your amazing thank you so much!!!!
Message 31 of 43 (2,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a question... it's similar to sonigirl13's question. The work outfit is corrupted but I can't fix it cause the whole button is gone.
Message 32 of 43 (2,344 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
I was having the same issue with the career outfit not being there to remove. So what I did was Change Outfit without the dresser and the career option was there and then I went back to Plan Outfit and was able to remove it.
Message 33 of 43 (2,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep I tried that

Message 34 of 43 (2,152 Views)

@Naththehunter  Can you be more specific about the issue you're having, and what you've tried already?  I'd be happy to help, if I knew where to start.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 43 (2,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim in refusing to go into its house so i have to buy shower toilets and a kitchen outside of its house because my sim wont go indoors. I have taken her to the park and every time i try and make her go inside she stops and has the walking icon in a speech bubble with a red cross next to it. Why is this happening?

Message 36 of 43 (2,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@madmax122133144  It sounds like a routing error, and one that seem to have a lot of different explanations and possible solutions. Is it just the house your sim cannot enter; or the park as well? Do you use mods and third party CC?

The first thing to try is exit the game and delete the caches in Sims 3 folder. They are called:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (optional)

They will regenerate each time you start the game, and should be deleted every time you exit the game when troubleshooting; and regularly otherwise.

You can then make a copy of your save to test on, by saving it using the option Save As under a new name, for instance "test". Exit the game, delete the caches, and load your test save.

Go into Edit Town, evict the household to the clipboard, copy the house to the library, bulldoze the house, place out your copied house on the lot, move your household in again - all in the same Edit Town session. The sims living there will loose their wishes and promises doing this.

There are more suggestions to try if this does not work.

Message 37 of 43 (2,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But how do i add an outift? >Frown

Message 38 of 43 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]

@joythetomato  Could you please describe in more detail what the issue is with your game?  Normally, you add an outfit by directing your sim to Plan Outfit using a dresser.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 43 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, my sims are actors so they dont have a set costume is there anyway I can do this too? My sims have scheduled work days they just dont go to work and the gigs never go away.

Message 40 of 43 (1,647 Views)