Re: Sim won't go to work

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim won't go to work

★★★★★ Novice

Whenever I try to make my sim go to work, the action disappears. I'll literally put them right outside the door of their workplace, and they still won't go in. I've tried resetting her and making her move and getting her a new job. Nothing works. She went to work just fine before! I don't know what the problem is. 

Message 1 of 43 (264,240 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero

This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 43 (299,018 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Does your sim have the absent minded trait?

Message 2 of 43 (264,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, it's not that. I've had it happen to multiple sims in different neighborhoods and everything. 

Message 3 of 43 (264,029 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (299,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What a weird solution. Thanks!!

Message 5 of 43 (264,024 Views)

★★ Novice

my sims won't go to work either i tryed and tryed i've gotten no where i've gotten them to quit 3 of they preffessions and jobs what do i do help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :manhappy:

Message 6 of 43 (258,412 Views)

Hero (Retired)

did you try what crin said ?  take your sim to the dresser-plan outfit if the sim has only one work outfit  plan a new work outfit  if the sim already has more than one delete the extra ones instead

Message 7 of 43 (258,403 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Crin! Your reply helped me with THAT problem!!!

@crinrict wrote:

Message 8 of 43 (257,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem changed his career as well.  My Sim did not have a custom outfit, but I went in, added one and deleted it staight after.  Problem was fixed and he went to work on time.  Thanks for the help.

@sonigirl13 wrote:

Whenever I try to make my sim go to work, the action disappears. I'll literally put them right outside the door of their workplace, and they still won't go in. I've tried resetting her and making her move and getting her a new job. Nothing works. She went to work just fine before! I don't know what the problem is. 

Message 9 of 43 (254,080 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the solution! Works a treat Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 43 (253,654 Views)