Sim won't follow command

by calliemaewhidby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim won't follow command

★★ Novice

My sim won't follow any of my commands nor will she eat/use the bathroom/or anything else. She'll only sleep. That's it. I've tried resetting my game, uninstalled all my mods, etc. Still nothing. Please help?

Message 1 of 18 (65,619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim won't follow command

★★ Novice

Hey! I think I might have found the solution. First remove all your mods and put them in a separate folder, then uninstall the Sims completely. After that, review all the mods. Look at the ones you installed the day it stopped working. (For me, that was 12/8, so that's where I focused). I found the issue - it was a pose pack that I had installed but apparently the file/mod itself is broken. After that I reinstalled and moved all the working custom content back into the mods folder. Then I created a random sim and used a few modded things (ie: hair, makeup, and an outfit). She seemed to follow my commands again. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 18 (72,532 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You might be having this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Queues-being-dropped-Done-in-wrong-order-Random-inte... although yours sounds a bit extreme.

Have you played on a new game after resetting the files and before putting anything back and experienced the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (65,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. Ever since the new patch update I've not been able to play the sims as whatever I tell them to do they won't do it. The action appears in their 'to-do' and they sometimes go to do it but most of the time they freeze and don't do anything.. For example:- I will tell my sim to tell a funny story to another sim, she'll go to do the action (only if there's no other action she's stuck on) and when she does, she and everyone else is just stuck there. They are moving and gesturing like they usually do when they just stand around doing nothing, but it's almost like their stuck. I don't have any CC or mods, and I've never had the issue before. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue with it. I'm using a Macbook Pro. 

Please let me know if this is familiar and if you somehow get it working again?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 18 (65,550 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes! The exact same thing is happening to me. I'll be sure to inform you if I find a solution.

Message 4 of 18 (65,540 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE: I think I've fixed the problem.

Message 5 of 18 (65,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! I think I might have found the solution. First remove all your mods and put them in a separate folder, then uninstall the Sims completely. After that, review all the mods. Look at the ones you installed the day it stopped working. (For me, that was 12/8, so that's where I focused). I found the issue - it was a pose pack that I had installed but apparently the file/mod itself is broken. After that I reinstalled and moved all the working custom content back into the mods folder. Then I created a random sim and used a few modded things (ie: hair, makeup, and an outfit). She seemed to follow my commands again. 

Message 6 of 18 (72,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But i dont want to lose my save Frown

Message 7 of 18 (65,514 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would be surprised if you had to uninstall the game and then re-install. Sounds like a bad mod to me. Possibly cc, but more likely a mod. I always advise people to organize their mods and cc as it makes it much easier to find the one or two that may bad.

Message 8 of 18 (65,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What mod was it? I think I have the same problem because I was downloading files of mods from you tubers. Do you remember was pose mod it was?
Message 9 of 18 (62,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Cjpropp
This was two years ago there's a bit chance that it is another mod, there are tons of mods out there that are broken.

You can try some different things:

• Like the person above, if your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the latest patch Standard smile
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/

Good Luck!

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 10 of 18 (62,763 Views)