Re: Sim won't die

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim won't die

★★★★ Apprentice

So, I don't know if this is because of a patch, GTW or if it is just the way it should be, but my elderly sim just won't die. He has surpassed his "dying-time" with a few days now, which has never happened to me before, and i honestly doesn't know what to do. I can't find a cheat that will let me kill him with a command.

I don't use mods or CC.

Message 1 of 12 (98,973 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I had two or three athletic Sims that live WAY WAY beyond their time.

Give it time Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (107,091 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Is he athletic ? Those Sims do tend to live a lot longer. I doubt it's a bug and a few days is nothing to worry about.

If it's anything like it was in Sims 3, the game 'rolls' if the Sim is going to die. The change that he will increases with every day he's past their live span but factors can influence that. As it is with chances, he could just be a very lucky Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (98,922 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The thing is, i have experienced a lot of sim deaths in ts4 to this point, and this is the first time ever that one has lived past their "due time". 

And yes, he is athletic.

Message 3 of 12 (98,923 Views)

Hero

I had two or three athletic Sims that live WAY WAY beyond their time.

Give it time Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (107,092 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Finally he died. Okay I will remember that next time Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (98,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

LOL I was reading this because I had the same problem and my sim died while I was reading the posts.. R.I.P Garret Sherwood (my sim)

Message 6 of 12 (97,035 Views)

Hero

RIP poor Sims.

Mine is still alive :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (97,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My old sim is taking FOREVER to die. should i stop her from using the gym stuff? I'm actually not sure she is even using it. She just doesnt wanna die and i have seen MANY sims that got old after her pass away already. i love her, she is the first mother in my legacy but like make some room for more and i dont want to move her out and have her die off there as if she dies and im not playing her she has no tombstone. Her husband is still waiting for her to return to her. maybe she just wants to see all the generations....

Message 8 of 12 (95,676 Views)

Hero

She'll die eventually. Mine lived to be over a 1000 SimDays.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (95,666 Views)

★★★ Guide

It may not be a bug per se, but it's weird. I play with long lifespan, and with my one sim (with almost all skills maxed) the game warned that she's about to die when she was 390 days and the age bar started to glow, but so far it's been about an in-game year and she's going around just fine. Not dying immediately is fine and all, but it's weird that the warning pops up and then it takes that long before they die (naturally). Obviously it's easy to kill them, but I'd rather not have that warning at all if it's not going to happen right away.

Message 10 of 12 (72,835 Views)