Re: Sim takes forever to do anything

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim takes forever to do anything

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Ingame clock works normally, but sims lag on any interactions. Eating takes 4 hours, I cancelled uni homework after 6 hours of no progress, sleeping after 14 hours of no progress (tubs and showers not working means either interaction gets the sim stuck in an endless shower). For homework, eating and sleeping the progress shows up when the action is cancelled. Any action cancellation takes about one sim hour to register. Build mode works normally, as well as camera movement and ingame clock.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

The problem shows up in all households, lots, neighbourhoods etc. It seems to be similar to the ongoing shower/bathtub mod issue, the sims get stuck on interactions without amy actual progress.

Message 1 of 5 (1,905 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Have you tried to repair your game already as well as deleting your cache files ?

Homework is a known issue found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Homework-timer-doesn-t-progress/m-p/8534852

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,893 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Have you been able to solve this (other than homework and shower which are known issues) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,825 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,799 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict!

Sorry it's taken a while to reply! For me this problem disappeared when I started a new save file completely, so I assume it might have in the end been a simple case of a too large and full save file that my computer couldn't handle.  

Message 5 of 5 (1,777 Views)